LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

help me out im stumpd?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Question help me out im stumpd?

ok i gota 95 z28 lt1. i got lights on. abs inop low coolant low oil and the brake light. its got new breaks i bleed the lines but still its on. its full of 50/50 prestone. and the oils fine it needs changin but it aint gritty or black so i know that aint it. it was wreckd and the air bags are deployd but i got a steerin wheel 4 it. anybody know how to turn it off or bypass it without it bringin up the check light?

Old 08-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Default hey

do you have a scantool

Old 08-30-2009, 05:41 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

brake light could be a brake light out or the e brake is not going down all the way. all these lights could be a wiring problem. was it a frontend wreck? check the relays? fuses? wires at the sensors. oil level is in the side of the oil pan. low coolant is in the radiator. and abs ??? the main part of it is on the driver side fenderwell but it being a wreck i would say one or more of the wheel sensors is messed up. the front are in the wheel bearing hub. wires are prone to failure by the wheels. rear are in the rear diff. i think in the middle on your yr but not sure. yep scann for trouble codes. dont forget to check out the ride of the months compition and vote.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:54 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Hello, i had an issue with my camaro for the low coolant light. On my 94 there is a coolant level sensor on the right side radiator tank that went bad. When I bought it from the dealer they said that it was a common failure. Also for the low oil light there is a level sensor in the oil pan that is somewhat fragile and could have been damaged in the crash. It is above the drain plug with a 2 wire connector and it unscrews from the pan. You will need to get the ABS codes pulled to go further. Craby is probably right about the spped sensor damage or wiring or both. See what is stored and go from there.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:02 PM

i dont have a scaner and im takeling one problem at a tim i use the bailing wire method. it sows no check engine will that still bring the brake codes up and if so i cant find the list of em