LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Not trying to hijack, just trying to avoid someone from being mis-led. Where did the lemon law link state anything about a used car? All the references I read were to a "new" car, and under warranty.
Plus this disclaimer: Although most of the Lemon Laws vary from state to state, each individual law usually require a warrantor to cure a specific defect within four to five attempts or the automobile as a whole within thirty days. If the warrantor fails to meet this obligation, most of the lemon laws provide for a full refund or new replacement vehicle.
For there to be a "warrantor", there needs to be a "warranty" on the car.
Otherwise go back to the "buyer beware" reference. If buying a car without a warranty, the buyer is responsible for having the car checked out. If a problem arises later, the buyer would have to be able to prove that the seller knew there was a problem with the car....good luck with that. "The car was fine when we sold it to him" is all you'll get out of it.
So are you saying the Lemon Law will fix my car. LoL its all good that's what happens when you buy something from people who should not own cars or atleast work on them.. My parts are on the way and hopeful it will be running because it is a very fun car to drive.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by tim1971
So are you saying the Lemon Law will fix my car. LoL its all good that's what happens when you buy something from people who should not own cars or atleast work on them.. My parts are on the way and hopeful it will be running because it is a very fun car to drive.
Did you buy from a dealer? If so, did they give you a warranty?

Camaro 69, your first post might lead one to believe that used cars don't/can't have warranties. Therefore you are out of luck. I agree, that if it didn't come with one, then you are on your own. After reading a bit, I have come to the conclusion that the Lemon Law is for cars bought by you new from the dealer (not sure about all states on the "new" part), and are under warranty. Looks like if it is used and under a warranty of some sort, then the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act should cover you.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer, nor is my legalese the best. It is recommended you research this yourself, or consult a professional. Or fix it yourself.

Last edited by 02StanGT; 03-31-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:35 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Here in PA it is only new cars. Not even the one year old off lease cars can use it. I didn't read the above link but I have sat in arbitration for the lemon law on new cars.

What a lot of people do not realize is that even if you invoke the Lemon law you do not get a full refund. You pay for the mileage you put on the car. And it is a pretty high rate. We had a 88 Beretta we cold not get to idle. Lady did the zero down deal. She won but she would have had to write a check for about $800 to return the car, I guess the idle was not that bad cause she kept the car. Only once did I see a full refund, That customer proved we put more miles on his car then he did in the three months he owned the car.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:55 PM
2nd Gear member

I used to work for a Chevrolet dealership and all used cars they sold were covered under a 60 day warranty. the only thing it didn't really cover were wear and tear items.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:35 AM

ok that fixed the issue. But after two days of driving it is back to doing the same thing??