LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

exhaust tips?????!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:27 AM
1st Gear Member
Default exhaust tips?????!!!!

i want this package but those tips are supper gay and fagtastic!!! can i get diffrent tips. i dont know much about this stuff and im still new. also where is the muffler? i dont see anything in that picture. do those tips just go on to youre stock muffler or somthin? i like the way my muffler looks now but it dosent have the two pipes coming to it is there a way i can just keep the muffler i have now?
o yea i can care less if anyone sees my plate cause people see it every day anyway! thats what the tips look like i think they are pretty common so somone should know
thanks guys
o yea heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-S...spagenameZWDVW

c no muffler with this either?????http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SLP-L...ayphotohosting

[IMG]local://upfiles/3349/EB960836497F4C72A91C88BA91E2461F.jpg[/IMG]
sweet are hah!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:42 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: exhaust tips?????!!!!

o yea also
alot of the stuff for our cars arnt all that legal so how do you keep yer car up and all with out passing smog or when that time comes how do you get it through? how do people do it??????

Old 08-09-2006, 06:59 PM
2nd Gear member

the SLP loudmouth does not use a muffler, it has a resonator, if you cut the tail pipes on the loudmouth kit a bit, those tips will work fine, the ones you want are longer.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: kyleb

o yea also
alot of the stuff for our cars arnt all that legal so how do you keep yer car up and all with out passing smog or when that time comes how do you get it through? how do people do it??????
Just stick with ur factory exhaust set up and just add an electric or manual cut out right after your y pipe. This would allow u to go open y pipe anytime u want plus u would pass emissions.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

so that loud mouth set up would give me the two pipes running back right? and it will pass emissionns?
if not is there any exhaust that will pass thats will gimie the same power?

Old 08-10-2006, 03:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I highly doubt a loudmouth exhaust set up is going to pass emissions especially if u have no cats. Loudmouth exhaust doesnt even use a muffler as stated before so basically u have no restrictions except for the resignator which mostly just effects the sound.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:39 AM
1st Gear Member

this sounds good right here, so what yer sayin is get a piece that is removable and put it on that way when it comes yo smog time i can un hook it and hookit up the right way to pass smog? this dosent quite make sence to me but i probably got it wrong. can you explain to me better? or draw a little crappy pic on paint and post it or somthin?! im a visual learner[:-]

any way if that didnt work, would increaseinting the size of the single pipes diameter(muffler shop put a new one on) increase the perforamnce or would it not be worth it?
thanks sorry im a pain in the as/ im just trying to learn!!!

o and to shaker, those arnt the tips i want, those ARE the tips i own!!! that my Z in the pic!!!!!!!
ORIGINAL: LTgun_94

ORIGINAL: kyleb

o yea also
Just stick with ur factory exhaust set up and just add an electric or manual cut out right after your y pipe. This would allow u to go open y pipe anytime u want plus u would pass emissions.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:33 PM

come on, exhaust cut outs? just so you can make your car sound like ****. use them only on a car thats got some major engine work done to it. for a stock motor like most of us have and something that everyone can afford with a daily driver, flowmaster, dynomax, mangaflow or hooker. mostare under $400(magnaflow is under $500) they all sound good and all are legal. save the cut outs for the big hp cars and the track.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: LTgun_94

I highly doubt a loudmouth exhaust set up is going to pass emissions especially if u have no cats. Loudmouth exhaust doesnt even use a muffler as stated before so basically u have no restrictions except for the resignator which mostly just effects the sound.
Mufflers have nothing to do with emissions... Cats do.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:51 PM

in order to pass emissions you need a cat, i have the same problem, just get some high flow cats from magnaflow there $70-$100 each depending on the diameter of the pipe of your exhaust.