LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

Crank But No Start

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:05 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I have access to both AllData and Mitchell on Demand so im good there. Ill find out what what "known" value is and all that stuff.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:13 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Alldatadiy is a good one. I find thier interpretation of the obd2 codes to be kind of lacking but its a really good info database.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:52 PM
2nd Gear member

I am a definate fan of All Data. It has saved my life a few times

Old 04-01-2009, 01:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Roommate said to bypass the cam sensor...any of you know how?

Old 04-01-2009, 02:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ford_Nova
Roommate said to bypass the cam sensor...any of you know how?

WATThe Chit does your roommate know. I just read you the walk of the cam sensor. If you "bypass" an analog read, what will it do? It codes as to tell you , your last key start was a done deal you dumbfukroommate is, shuThe fill inn the blank UP!

Why did you not read, "cam sensor?' as azz simple as that event is = Your Roommate Fails > OPEN BOOK TEST!!!!! = F-.

They only way for you to understand what the flucking you sitting ducks don't know is to **** you off really, really ramp up the tech.

WOT is a, Gee Last Pack? LOL is just LOL!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:06 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

check the plugs. just got my current 93 and the morning after i bought it no start. checked plugs and they didnt look that bad but it was obvious they had not been changed in a long time. changed the wires and plugs and it started right up. the plugs in these cars are not easy to change so get the best you can afford so you wont have to do it again for a long time. good idea to have a flexible head ratchet for changing plugs. the rear one on the passenger side is the worse on the 93. if you have big forearms you may want to get a skinny armed friend to help. kinda makes me happy i have the 93. doesnt have all the sensors on the crank, cam.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:10 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by craby
check the plugs. just got my current 93 and the morning after i bought it no start. checked plugs and they didnt look that bad but it was obvious they had not been changed in a long time. changed the wires and plugs and it started right up. the plugs in these cars are not easy to change so get the best you can afford so you wont have to do it again for a long time. good idea to have a flexible head ratchet for changing plugs. the rear one on the passenger side is the worse on the 93. if you have big forearms you may want to get a skinny armed friend to help. kinda makes me happy i have the 93. doesnt have all the sensors on the crank, cam.
need to have a way to get the car up to get under to make it easier to change some on the driver side

Old 04-01-2009, 09:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok, did a couple of things, put on a new coil. Still no spark. When i crank it every time i get to #1 cylinder the check engine light flashes. I have yet to find the cam or crank sensor because neither AllData nor Mitchell even acknowledge that the LT1 even has them.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:34 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

hay guys could this be a bad key chip?

Old 04-01-2009, 10:41 PM
In the Staging Lanes

One of my old instructors was saying that earlier, something to do with the key cylinder. The guy i got it off of said that it would start...then next time would crank a bit longer before it would start...then a bit longer and so on before it wouldnt start at all.

Quick Reply: Crank But No Start