LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

could use some guidance by people in the know

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:19 PM
4th Gear Member

Did the guy polish out those wheels to make them shine like that or are they chrome? I haven't ever seen a set chromed but I like the looks of them, especially with that black paint. You going to put all the wiring back like original? What are the toggle switches in the console for? Hope you enjoy it!

Old 03-28-2010, 03:02 PM
2nd Gear member

It looks a little rougher than your first description. But, it should be a doable project for you and your kids. Enjoy your find.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:15 PM

i tried to describe it as i saw it originally. Still feel like I got a good deal.

No idea on the toggles, but did take a look, they go to nothing. The wiring will be restored to original, maybe with the exception of the starter button. Might keep that around for a little while, it has kinda grown on me in a hillbilly type of way, LOL.

gonna pull the trans pan this week and see what i am in for, considering just pulling it an rebuilding myself rather than replacing with used and rebuilding the other slowly.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:22 PM
4th Gear Member

On the deal thing, I've NEVER got a good deal on a car. If you don't believe me, JUST ASK MY WIFE! If your happy and the guy that sold it is happy, then its a good deal!

Old 03-28-2010, 04:56 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

doesnt look to bad.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Wink

Originally Posted by Kwacasey
Got the pics, take a look

http://pbckt.com/sS.dFAw

thanks
Thats a good deal for a project car. All these cars are project cars. Have fun man.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kwacasey
i tried to describe it as i saw it originally. Still feel like I got a good deal.

No idea on the toggles, but did take a look, they go to nothing. The wiring will be restored to original, maybe with the exception of the starter button. Might keep that around for a little while, it has kinda grown on me in a hillbilly type of way, LOL.

gonna pull the trans pan this week and see what i am in for, considering just pulling it an rebuilding myself rather than replacing with used and rebuilding the other slowly.
here ya go man http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/automa...up-photos.html

Old 03-30-2010, 06:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice pick for a project car. I just picked up a 95 z28 with manual transmission for about the same price you paid. I do have to drop the engine due to the same broken exhaust bolt you mention :-)
Awesome car, lots of fun awaits.
have fun.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:27 AM

I am hoping not to have to pull the heads to extract that bolt. Hopefully luck will be on my side. Right now i am trying to figure out which way to go to get this thing suspended in the air so i can get myself under it safely. I have some decent jack stands but am curious if i should invest in some ramps. At some point in the near future i will have to drop the tranny, so that will factor in.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:41 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

one guy on here used cinder blocks and stacked them so he could drive up on em. i have a good jack and used some orv tires i have and laid them under the car tires. ramps dont work to good on these low cars.

Quick Reply: could use some guidance by people in the know