LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

5.7 forged rods........

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Banned
Default 5.7 forged rods........

What do you think of these rods? They look like a pretty good "I" beam? 599grams, a little heavy but hey, more weight, more torque!Name:  100_1353.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  93.1 KB

Old 02-14-2010, 09:39 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

chinese crap is chinese. you better hope your engine doesn't blow up.

and again...keep your build into ONE THREAD

Old 02-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Banned

Well my stock rods are forged and I did'nt want to go with something I already had. I would love to get my hands on some titanium but you can't get them yet.......Everything is made in China now except maybe the pretty boxes and packaging that we can recycle from trash....hehehehe!

Last edited by CraZ28; 02-15-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:57 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

your stock rods are NOT forged...they are powdered metal. no LT1 came with forged rods.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Banned

I don't know I googled my crank and saw that it was paired to forged rods. How can you tell?

Old 02-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by CraZ28
What do you think of these rods? They look like a pretty good "I" beam? 599grams, a little heavy but hey, more weight, more torque!
But heavier also means slower throttle response and a lower rpm threshold.
Do you know what those rods are made of, precisely what type of metal? Looks aren't everything you know. Here's some good rod reading info: http://www.enginebuildermag.com/Arti...y_choices.aspx

Old 02-15-2010, 03:32 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I don't know I googled my crank and saw that it was paired to forged rods. How can you tell?
i can tell because i know no LT1 came with forged rods. how's that for an answer?

something you need to keep in mind about china crap and buying from unknown companies is that the quality control isn't as good as a well known company. sure, a lot of companies have their stuff manufactured in china because its a lot cheaper to do...but the GOOD companies have everything checked over and have very strict tolerances on what they sell and don't sell.

look at my engine thread...all of the parts used in that motor are absolute top of the line...do you think i'm even the slightest bit concerned about anything breaking? absolutely not. but i guarantee when you get your motor done, its always in the back of your mind

Old 02-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
But heavier also means slower throttle response and a lower rpm threshold.
Do you know what those rods are made of, precisely what type of metal? Looks aren't everything you know. Here's some good rod reading info: http://www.enginebuildermag.com/Arti...y_choices.aspx
What's a GM small journal? Is that the "Honda" journal? And I am not putting anything ford in my car, like the ford nine inch rear or injectors. I am building for low end torque with my 5800rpm rev limit. I paid around $585 for this set and I am very impressed. This is just a sportsman engine. I just try and keep the poor thing running, that's all. And I am deffenetly not using a crank called a dragonslayer, all that stuff is made in China unless you spend about threegrand on a crank.... Quality control? Dude I can't even get gasoline and now the cigaretes have fireretardents in them, hell I don't even drink public water becuase I get bombed by the marines' howitzer!

Last edited by CraZ28; 02-15-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:14 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

What's a GM small journal? Is that the "Honda" journal? And I am not putting anything ford in my car, like the ford nine inch rear or injectors. I am building for low end torque with my 5800rpm rev limit. I paid around $585 for this set and I am very impressed. This is just a sportsman engine. I just try and keep the poor thing running, that's all. And I am deffenetly not using a crank called a dragonslayer, all that stuff is made in China unless you spend about threegrand on a crank.... Quality control? Dude I can't even get gasoline and now the cigaretes have fireretardents in them, hell I don't even drink public water becuase I get bombed by the marines' howitzer!
what the hell are you talking about? callies cranks are manufactured in ohio...last i checked thats in the US...and it isn't a 3 thousand dollar crank either. if you READ my thread, you'd see the original cost of the crank was $899. so for 900 bucks you have something you know has been vigorously inspected and can be 100% sure its a quality piece. but you keep piecing junk together and when you get it done, we can race and i will beat you...and 6 years down the road i will still be driving the same engine while you're saving money to fix a blown engine

Old 02-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Banned

Man all that stuff is from China and they polish it and call it American. There ain't nothin made here, you broke and now you no have gas and you buy battery cars! Hahaha! No Thanks! American stuff is manufactured for warfare. Sorry I'm building with China stuff!

Last edited by CraZ28; 02-15-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: 5.7 forged rods........