LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

4th gen v.s. 5th gen

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 06:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I'm really new to this, I got this car with all this stuff on it and don't know what I should expect. I just wanted some help, sorry for overreacting

Old 10-24-2011, 08:23 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cliff123454321
Isn't this forum made to help people? It seems like everyone on here are just giant ******bag *******. Whatever, I'll go to another forum
OI VAY

Here we go again.

If you pay attention to the majority and I mean majority of responses throughout this entire forum you will find that those respondig to questions use decorum until a point is reached where their replies are called into question.

It tends to be the newbs and posters with low post counts who go on the offensive citing hostile responses when the opposite is true

that is what happened here

Look JUNIOR

you came to an Interent forum asking about a hypothetical race.

have you taken any personal responsibility, shelled out $10 of your or your parents money and gone to a local track on test and tune night? You will see stock ,modified and radical 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gen Camaros.

But, you wanted to engage in what's called "bench racing" and received answers. I guess you did not like the answers but have no real life experience your self (please re-read my comment about test and tune night) so you get "offended"

You then ask what year Mustang GT you could beat.

If I take a Honda Civic, modify it then you probably aren't going to beat that car.

Seriously, the best way for you to educate yourself is to take some personal responsibility and head to the track and watch and ask questions.

Do not believe what you saw on Fast and Furious. Instead of asking a t-shirt racer if he's using "NOS" ask him about his setup and why he chose what he did.

One of the first things I ask on a test and tune night is I'll find a vehicle as similar to mine as possible and if they are using drag radials, I'll ask if they've made any passes and what tire pressure they are running right now. If manny tranny, and I have manny with me that night, I'll ask the launch rpm they used. Basic stuff isn't it, but I benefit from what he has already learned about the track.

So, you asked a basic question, received answers and then honestly, because you obviously are inexperience as is evident by your posts, you assume that the answers are negative when it's akin to an adult telling a baby not to put their hand into a flame because it's HOT!!! Through our experience we know it's hot but the baby will cry when we yank them away but one day, will put their hand in the flame to find out for themselves.

Then, they too will be able to say matter of factly to another baby not to put their hand in the flame

Keep posting, keep learning and get involved. You could be doing worse things than being a car enthusiast but just don't street race

cheers

Last edited by torque_is_good; 10-24-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I get it. Thank you

Old 10-24-2011, 01:53 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

like said your gona have to run it on the track. with out knowing the internals no one is going to be able to give a reliable answer.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:58 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

didn't I say that in the 2nd post? Why does it take 4 pages for someone else to reiterate what I said and the OP understand it?

Old 10-25-2011, 12:13 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Because I realize that's what I have to do, even though I don't want to. I'm 17 and can't go without parent signiture and my dad won't let me go until I get racing slicks...even though I already have racing tires on it.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:49 AM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Because I realize that's what I have to do, even though I don't want to. I'm 17 and can't go without parent signiture and my dad won't let me go until I get racing slicks...even though I already have racing tires on it.
they won't let you race until you're 18? Then things have changed, I was at my track running my car at 15

Old 10-25-2011, 05:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Not without a parent there to sign the concent form

Old 10-25-2011, 05:53 PM
2nd Gear member

Not without a parent there to sign the concent form
Wow. Is that a public or private track? Look around and see if any tracks near you will let you run without mommy and daddy.

Although I can understand the track's logic behind it. They don't want to have a kid destroy the family's minivan and then deal with a hot-headed soccer-mom threatening to sue. Not to mention if you crash the Ford Festiva and end up in a hospital.

In all honesty though, you would be better off using street tires for the first few trips to the track. They won't provide the grip of drag tires, and I feel that the car is a little easier to control (and more predictable). Once you get used to how the car handles at the track, then put on the slicks and see what it will do. Your car will handle very differently on the track than it does on any street.

Last edited by Grandpaswagon; 10-25-2011 at 05:55 PM.