Lowering Springs =]]

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 04:42 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight
Default Lowering Springs =]]

Finally got my lowering springs on
Im absolutley in love with the results... ill post pictures tonight
If anyone is planning on doing springs i can help talk you through it now that ive done one, and it only took me and a buddy about 3 hours in his garage using some rented spring compressers from advanced auto h ahah

Cars riding good, no creeks or groans, rubbing on alot of stuff, ill just have to get used to them

So Pictures later, any questions on it let me know

Old 06-12-2010, 08:04 AM

What lowering kit do you go with and what made you choose it? I've heard great things about Eibach progressive rate springs and have been considering doing it myself. Let me know your thoughts, I'd appreciate it.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:23 PM
1st Gear Member

did you replace your shocks to? I'm switching shocks and possibly so if you have any advise at all for me that would be awesome. What brand lowering springs did you get? I was told by someone that the eibach springs sag over a couple months. And did you mean that there is no rubbing on stuff??

Old 06-12-2010, 03:08 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

I went with the Sprint 1.73" drop, i wanted a decently agressive drop without going a full 2 inches,,, and i have a few friends that use sprint products and for the price theyve proven to be the best for us.
I said there is rubbing cuz im trying to get used to them...
You HAVE to do shocks on fbodys when you lower them, the top mounting brcaket for the whole assembly is a terrible design, its a bowl shape with rubber seals so the water just sits in there and erods the nut of the top of the shock that holds it all together. and if you go lower you will need a double adjustable panhard bar to ever get your alignment right.
Eibach pros arent tooo bad, sportlines are garbage and ive never heard of progressive rate ones
If you guys do them yourselfs the rear end will def be the easiest,,, all you do is disconnet rear sway bar links, unbolt axel (2 bolts) DROP AXEL VERY SLOWLY!!!!!! springs will just fall right out hold new ones in place and have someone jack axel back up into place and rebolt.
Front you just ublot strut bolt in engine bay, undo sway bar link, drop lower control arm and everything just kinda falls out lol...

Before

After

Old 06-12-2010, 06:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I was going to do the shocks myself then take it in to a dealer and have them align it. I have a really loud knock on bumps in the front drivers side when I hit any bumps and I think its just the struts but I'm not positive. Thats a beautiful camaro by the way.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:17 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

thanks and yeah im not doing my own alignment,,, it goes in wednesday

Old 06-12-2010, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

did you just have those corvette rims powder coated black?

Old 06-12-2010, 06:35 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

no theyre ordered from oewheelsllc.com those wheels were never on a factory corvette, they were gm special order because they were demos only,,, i think the y2k vet had them on it at some of the gm shows,,, something like that lol

Old 06-12-2010, 10:34 PM
1st Gear Member

they look good I might have to steal your idea and buy a set.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:02 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

they have alot of different styles and pretty much any size, i did 18x10.5 rear and 17x9.5 fronts,,, i love them

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs =]]