LS Series Tech 1998-2002

HID's causing factory alarm to go nuts??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:21 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default HID's causing factory alarm to go nuts??

OK, i installed HID's in my 01 SS over the weekend and shortly after that my factory alarm started going off all by itself...it has something to do with the panic because after i set the alarm it gives of something like a "warning cherp" and sometimes itll just start going off all by itself...has anyone who has installed HID's on their car ran into this type of problem? I asked a guy i know who is an HID freak and all he said was that "they can cause some weird stuff" but didnt give an idea on how to fix it..i installed HID's in the low beams and in the fog lights...i didnt put them in high beams cuz i figured i didnt need them...would installing them in the high beams fix this problem?? or could the alarm system just gone haywire on coincidence?? any of your ideas would be appreciated..

Last edited by blue_thunder01; 03-01-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok so i did some tinkering just now and i found out my problem wasnt caused by the HID's..it has something to do with the alarm itself...does anyone have a wiring diagram or know of a free place i can go to get some of the anti theft system?? Better question..does anybody know where the vibration sensor is located?

Old 03-03-2010, 04:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I cant answer any of that but i would like to know the answer also, my alarm in my 02 goes off all the time.... if I open the door to get in or out I basically have 2-4 seconds to get the key turned or start the car or it will go off.. same thing if i try to pop the hatch or hood

Old 03-04-2010, 11:48 AM

I recently redid my sound system in my 98 z28 and i saw a little black sensor that is by the spare tire. The spare is in the passenger side trunk area you will have to take out the plastic speaker panel. The sensor is on the wheel well and has a adjustment **** on it i think. I tapped it cause i didnt know what it was and a red light blinked and horn beeped, so i think that is one shock sensor i am not sure if there are any more in the but i assume there are. Good luck hope this helps

Old 03-08-2010, 04:32 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Problem solved!! I put new tail lights in the car and after installing them no more problems..i know the tail lights themselves didnt have anything to do with it but i did remove the side panel and saw the shock sensor, messed around with the wires and hasnt given me any problems since..

Old 03-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Overdrive Member

Interesting, so where is that shock sensor located anyhow?

Old 03-28-2010, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Interesting, so where is that shock sensor located anyhow?
Like the other mentioned, if you take out the passenger rear speaker panel in the trunk there is a little black box that says alarm sensor or something like that on it and thats your shock sensor.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:08 AM
In the Staging Lanes

sits ontop of the rear passenger wheelwell i believe

Old 04-04-2010, 08:09 AM
In the Staging Lanes

ive seen that before but i never really knew what it was. I always thought it was something to do with the remote entry

Old 04-09-2010, 07:02 PM
1st Gear Member

the factory shock sensor is behind the rear side panel on the pass side where the spare tire is.

Quick Reply: HID's causing factory alarm to go nuts??