LS Series Tech 1998-2002
View Poll Results: would you ever ask a question like this? & if so was it properly asked for results?
YES! i would say the same thing
66.67%
yea some what something i would ask
66.67%
na...mayb....i might ask something like that
0%
NOOOOO!!
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

HELP!! ideas...or input would be great :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Smile HELP!! ideas...or input would be great :)

ok i have a 2002 camaro ss
A4
pacesetter long tube headers
pacesetter ORY
3" cutout
Corsa Cat-back
------------------------------------------------------------------
i was looking to get either a SLP flowpac or a volant cool-air intake...the one with like the two filters comin out of it, or just a SLP lid...or something, not sure, just looking for the most bang for my buck.
so if anyone has any suggestions or anything about which one to get or anything like that THANK U!!!!

okay and my second thought was what do u think on Stall converters? i dont take it to the track....just around town...racing with friends lol.
so would it be worth it to get a stall? and pay for installation.....OR!!!!!!!!!
getting new gears...i heard gears make ur torque feel...more powerful or something, if someone could explain what gears do exactly!!!!!! &&&&&& if someone could tell me the most popular kind to get for a LS1 F-body...ive only seen the 3.73 and 4.10 and they run around 180$ on Ebay....is that for everything i need????? and how much would installation be? anything regarding any of these subjects would be greatly appreciated, as im looking to make a few purchases within the next few weeks
THANK U!!!!
Jared

Old 01-29-2009, 11:34 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Go with the SLP lid or Volant lid both are great and are good mods to have. Now that was the easy part.

Now your getting into a hole new field a lot depends on your set up and what you are trying to do. Its a good idea to match your stall, gears, and cam if applicable . I would recommend going to a mild stall first if you are working on a budget. You will not hurt your MPG. Gears are also a good option for a daily street driver 3.73s are good but you could run 4.10s if you dont mind dropping some MPG

As far as your set up goes i think you are on the right track
Headers, Y-pipe, Exhaust, Lid should always great first mods on any LS1 car. After that gears, stall, cam are also at the top of the list after your base mods.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Ninja Administrator

texas, if you want to know about mods you can go to the sticky in the 4th gen section. "basic mods"

Old 01-29-2009, 12:00 PM

ok so all the lids are pretty much the same...
well im not sure, im going to drive it this summer...just take it out to the street races, and random races against people on the streets
you know how it is

i probably wouldnt get a cam kit or anything for at least another year or so...my cars runnin 60k miles...so its in good shape
as far as the gears....3.73........4.10 what exactly are the difference? in price? what is the performance difference? and what EXACTLY do they do... :/ ughhhh i feel like a noob lol
but like...do they make more torque..more traction? driveability....or just exploit the power you already have...
:/ blahh i get confused SO easily haha
thank u!

Old 01-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Old 01-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Ninja Administrator

gears will be the same price regardless of ratio, unless you have to buy a new carrier or something like that.

I just realized my writeup didnt cover gears and torque converters so I will get on that after do-FUBAR-ing it..... the software swap screwed it all up

but in a nutshell, a higher gear ratio gives your motor a better mechanical advantage over the wheels. so it has to spin higher to turn the wheels the same number of rotations, but this makes it easier for the engine to do it. its a similar concept to using a breaker bar on a stubborn bolt. a higher gear ratio is similar to the longer handle.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Overdrive Member

i dont support people who street race

Old 01-29-2009, 06:44 PM

why not

Old 01-29-2009, 08:55 PM
1st Gear Member

its illegal for one reason and is a good way to get somone hurt or killed use your head man

I don't think I would stall it I wold just do 4:10 gears and a mild cam if i were you.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Overdrive Member

you cant do a cam on an auto without installing a higher torque converter

Quick Reply: HELP!! ideas...or input would be great :)