LS Series Tech 1998-2002

Electronic cutout

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 08:21 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Electronic cutout

Do this cutouts affect the way the car runs??? well mine has a cutout and yeah its really loud really loud. I've notice that when the cover is off and i try to take off quick the engine kinda has a tuff time picking up speed any idea why??? also mine cutout has a place with three 3 bolts, can i just put the electronical right in were the bolts go??

Old 11-24-2006, 12:41 AM
1st Gear Member

The cutout adds power to your car so if you feel a difference when the cutout is on then your probally just feeling the stock effect. But ya you should just be able to bolt up and electric one just find a place for the wires and the switch

Old 11-24-2006, 12:48 AM
2nd Gear member

i hated my cutout, it was QTPs electric cutout on my Z28 i had before this SS

the thing rattled my interior and sounded like crap

basically it was just loud and thats it, im going with SLPs LM1s this time

Old 11-24-2006, 11:56 AM
3rd Gear Member

It gives it a lot more power on the top end since he escaping exhaust acts like a vaccuum to help evacuate the combustion chamber of the burnt fuel and it helps promote the new air charge coming in. On the torque end of it, you do need that back pressure to help burn all the fuel in he combustion chamber. Also, with the restrictor plate off, you generally lose gas milage driving around town.
ORIGINAL: camarorz28

Do this cutouts affect the way the car runs??? well mine has a cutout and yeah its really loud really loud. I've notice that when the cover is off and i try to take off quick the engine kinda has a tuff time picking up speed any idea why??? also mine cutout has a place with three 3 bolts, can i just put the electronical right in were the bolts go??

Old 11-24-2006, 06:47 PM
1st Gear Member

so these cutouts really do the work? yeah my car does sound loud and like nickdot said it does also rattle my interior but personally i like it it sound mean in the streets, and yeah it does burn my gas quicker. I'm going to get the electric opener, i think is pretty cool, beign near a mustang and he wants to race i'll just switch the cutout to open and roar that mustang out lol

Old 11-25-2006, 02:32 PM
In the Staging Lanes

what is an average price one would expect to pay for a decent electronic cut-out....i'm really intersted in getting one after reading about it but i dont wanna get raped

Old 11-26-2006, 06:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

so cutouts burn more gas but if there closed its like they werent there right?
ORIGINAL: shnormo

It gives it a lot more power on the top end since he escaping exhaust acts like a vaccuum to help evacuate the combustion chamber of the burnt fuel and it helps promote the new air charge coming in. On the torque end of it, you do need that back pressure to help burn all the fuel in he combustion chamber. Also, with the restrictor plate off, you generally lose gas milage driving around town.
ORIGINAL: camarorz28

Old 11-26-2006, 08:57 PM
1st Gear Member

yes david, if its close the exhaust is normal. I tell u cuz i have notice that myself. i get more gas millage when its close, but i really like the roar its really nice. specially in 5 gear.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:52 PM
In the Staging Lanes

well thanks for the response but i was really thinking about getting a cutout but i went down to my local muffler shop and told me not to get it, its like opening a can of worms he said iam going to have all kinds of problems that the cutouts leak and all kind of other stuff and i wanted headers to and all so told me not to get them so this mechanic really discouraged me thanks any ways.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member

where would i actually put the cutouts. after the y-pipe or after the headers before the y pipe?

Quick Reply: Electronic cutout