LS Series Tech 1998-2002

Egr

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Egr

I noticed the EGR tube coming off the headers is rubbing on the fuel lines, not a good thing with the heat. there is thermal compound and tape on it right now and doesnt seem to be an issue but i dont like it. if i used a tube bender and just gave it a little tweak and rerouted the hose does anyone think it would be an issue....
and has anyone ever done this before?

Old 05-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

01-02 LS Camaros have NO EGR as they use the LS6 intake.

I'm pretty sure your referring to the AIR system

Old 05-12-2012, 12:41 PM
In the Staging Lanes

This is what i was talking about, this gets hot as hell and its right on top of the fuel line. its coming from the headers, i haven't seen it before but my buddy said it was for the egr for emmisions
Name:  Line.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  106.5 KB

Old 05-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

its for the air system. it just heats the catalytic convertors on start up for efficiency. it can be removed but would require a tune. if your careful and dont kink or break it, a little bending should be fine

Old 05-30-2012, 11:36 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

You can also get a block off plate and just get rid of it. You will need a tune (mail order, hand held, or dyno) to keep the SES light from kicking on.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Banned

What they all said

Old 06-14-2012, 10:41 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by nj85z28
its for the air system. it just heats the catalytic convertors on start up for efficiency. it can be removed but would require a tune. if your careful and dont kink or break it, a little bending should be fine
I thought the AIR system just pumps air into the cat to induce the chemical reaction that reduces emissions. I didnt think it heats anything. I guess they help the cat warm up though through the reaction. Anyway, I believe they have a one way valve in them to prevent exhaust from traveling through them. I think it is should be okay where it is at as long as the tube does not become hot from being bolted to the manifold.

nevermind just caught the post where he did say it was getting hot.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Yep, when I added my LS6 intake to my LS1 I was able to get rid of that garbage. No EGR. was running SLP Long tubes with rear o2 delete (replaced with a government un-approved straight pipe or mid-pipe)

Also, the composition of the cat itself is the catalyst (hence the name), not something injected into the system, to address the last post.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Ecidemon
Yep, when I added my LS6 intake to my LS1 I was able to get rid of that garbage. No EGR. was running SLP Long tubes with rear o2 delete (replaced with a government un-approved straight pipe or mid-pipe)

Also, the composition of the cat itself is the catalyst (hence the name), not something injected into the system, to address the last post.
I know what a cat is and what it does we were talking about the A.I.R. system. Which pumps air to the catalyst to help it heat and help the catalyst convert NOx and carbon dioxide and that junk to to Water and carbon dioxide which are not "harmful" gasses........