Intake, Headers, and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

True Dual Exhuast.. need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 01:04 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default True Dual Exhuast.. need help

Ok... ive posted a few times that im getting an 88 camaro.. 355 small block yada yada yada.... it already has an exhasut done... BUT... it is 3' flowmasters on the back... but i am not liking the whole pretty much only one pipe and other dummy pipe....

is there any way without cutting into floor or anything... to make my 88 a true dual exhaust... cuz it there is i wanna do it.. will make it sound SOO MUCH better(with the 355,headers,gutted cat, and big cam) it should sound damn better... least ide hope...

also any problems with putting on dumps? all ill have to do is cut out some pipe then weld um in right?

Old 10-25-2005, 12:23 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: True Dual Exhuast.. need help

It can be done but you will need a good exhuast shop, and your ground clearance will be a lot less, even with 2.5' pipe.

Old 10-25-2005, 05:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

JD!!!! waiting for a reply from you.... as u can see im turning from the mustangs lol.... so sad....

ok well then that may not work cuz car is already low.... but another question...

On the old camaros the tail pipes just came down and pointed down... is there a way to take that part off and put a good looking chrome or some better looking tailpipe on? without it sticking our past my bumper and whatnot?

u know what im trying to say? if not ill explain better

Old 10-25-2005, 06:26 PM
4th Gear Member

Yes but you may have to get another muffler and adujust the pipes a bit, but I do know what you are after and it can be done rather easy.

Old 10-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

i put straight pipes on one of my camaros, and i must say it was worth it with the exception of the interior noise. the hardest part was getting the pipes straight and supported, also making sure the rear suspension didnt crush the oversized piping. i ran 2.5 back, over the axle and then used chrome 4" tips from Pep boys

Old 10-25-2005, 08:18 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yea JD... cuz the whole frikin gray steal 2 kinda just THERE looking pipes... need to be replaced when i get the car repainted... need somehting thatl look alot better......

NJ i dun want straights..... just a true dual with dumps on it

Old 10-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

with dual cats and mufflers?

Old 10-26-2005, 12:06 AM
In the Staging Lanes

word..... u should know straights arent legal.... and if i put dumps on there anyways.... itl be all good in da hoood.......

Old 04-28-2006, 12:32 PM
3rd Gear Member

I'd put in an X pipe and then run a full length exhaust. Keeping the mufflers towards the end for more torque. If you want a higher RPM powerband, put the mufflers towards the center of the car and then run dumps.

Old 04-28-2006, 07:38 PM
2nd Gear member

i have true dual 2.5 inch exhaust with headman long tube headers put in my 87 IROC and it worked fine, plus i have no ground clearence problems at all. it appears to be low, but i have a very uneven driveway and parking spot and i have not once even heard a rubbing on the ground. heres a picture of the design i used. and for mufflers, i chose moroso spiral flows. i highly recommend them they sound amazing. quiet yet meaty. trust me you wont be disappointed with them. It cost me 800 dollars at the custom exhaust shop, would of cost 1000 but i put the headers in myself.

Quick Reply: True Dual Exhuast.. need help