Intake, Headers, and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

SLP... bar will now not fit.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Post SLP... bar will now not fit.

I just installed a SLP catback system on my '02 z28..... After doing so I found that my rear sway bar would fit back on, but the other bar that is back there that goes from body to body, like a cross brace, doesn't fit on there anymore.... Has anyone else come across this problem, or is this bar even really needed for anything other than rigidity? Thanks.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Droid

If I read you correctly, you are talking about the "brace assembly". If you look closly this brace is used to anchor the panhard bar to the body of the car. If you do away with the brace there would be no place to anchor the panhard bar, and your rear axle will be free to move from side to side, or even disconnect from the rest of the car. You should talk to SLP & see if you have the proper item.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:58 PM
In the Staging Lanes

There are two bars.... one connects the axle to the body, from driver to passenger side, then another connects from that same spot ( on the frame ) back to the drivers side ( which is also the frame, this one is connected by three bolts ). The new piping gets in the way of that second bar that goes from body to body. Is that bar just for rigidity or does it serve some other purpose? Is it needed?

Old 03-15-2011, 09:54 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by z28pete
If I read you correctly, you are talking about the "brace assembly". If you look closly this brace is used to anchor the panhard bar to the body of the car. If you do away with the brace there would be no place to anchor the panhard bar, and your rear axle will be free to move from side to side, or even disconnect from the rest of the car. You should talk to SLP & see if you have the proper item.
by your description z28?ss?, z28pete is right, thats the panhard bar. and he is also right about what would happen if you remove it. and pete, where in NEPA are you from?

Old 03-16-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Droid

Pike County.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:04 PM
2nd Gear member

damn dude, your a county above me lol im in monroe county, marshalls creek

Old 03-16-2011, 01:55 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thats not true though, because there is a second bar that is still there that connects the axle to the body.... how can a bar that goes from body to body keep the axle in place??

Old 03-16-2011, 02:13 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Lets see if this works.... first time trying to post a picture. Not the red, but the black bar is the one that I am talking about. I have the red one, but what is the purpose of the black one?

Old 03-16-2011, 02:14 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok well it looks like that didn't work, but here is the link for the picture.http://www.byunspeed.com/index.php?o...d345dab26c8092

Old 03-16-2011, 02:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok, so now I feel really dumb for that double fail... lol. Ok, so this is the link that will get you the picture. if you see the one with the black bar, its the one I am talking about. http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...oducts_id=2256

Search this Thread