General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

what else to do

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Default what else to do

i have a 1991 camaro rs 3.1, and it runs nd drives from nywhere between 5 ins to over an hour sometimes. fuel pressure nd compression are good but when it starts to act up when i hit the throttle it wont accept it and wants to dieso i have to bck off. i have replaced almost every ignition thing there is except for the ecm i replaced the fuel filter and regulator and it still bogs down and seems like it has slight miss most of the time but i have replaced everything on that side any advice would be great. here is everything i replaced...1 distributor 2 cap and rotor button 3plugs and wires 4 coil 5 map sensor 6 tps sensor 7fuel filter and regulator.. i really would like to finally fix it so im open to ideas

Old 03-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Default might not be this at all but..

Right before my fuel pump went out on my 96' Rs it would start to stutter when pressing all the way down on the gas. At first it was hardly noticeable but then it got progressively worse.

Unfortunately it completely gave out on the I-5 in the middle of nowhere. When I had no cell reception. Luckily I was able to use the GPS in my AirCard an find out where I was and after 30 or so dropped calls with roadside assist I was able to get it to an auto repair shop where it cost me about $800 to have it fixed and I had to help the guy because, he was the only one there. Plus he was pretty old and it was a 2 man job. I dont know if this will be helpful but it sounds similar to my problem.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:36 PM

I have good fuel pressure even upon dieing stays at 45 ish