General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

temp gauge dead

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 04:59 AM
Default temp gauge dead

Where would you start if your temp gauge inside the car read nothing (needle sits at the bottom) even after the cars been running for awhile. I doesnt even jump a little. I have flushed the system and installed a new thermostat with gasket. So I think the engine is running at the right temp. But I dont like running it without the gauge telling me all is well. So where start? The themostat sending unit is expensive and I am not real familur this. Could that be the problem?

Thanks for any help..

It is a 1989 Iroc Z 5.7

Old 08-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: temp gauge dead

You need to stop double posting.
https://camaroforums.com/rules.asp
And try the search feature. This question has come up many times before.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:44 PM

I posted it twice because no one had responded in the Iroc section of this forum. So I thought no one that views that forum had a suggestion. I could not delete it. So I then posted it here when I discovered this part of the forum.

As for searching. I found a lot of information. But they are for cars other than mine and the suggestions do not meet the equipment I have. But I am sure you could fine one.

Thanks for the helpful reply. No wonder I found all these post with people bashing this forum. I have already fixed the issue with advise on another forum. Whats the point of evening have this forum open if your advise is to tell them to search... No new post, just search.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Overdrive Member

Give things some time. Just because no one answered your question within 2-3 hours does not mean you have to go into panic mode a post all over. Some have lives that do not include dropping everything for you.

Also posting in the correct section helps as well. A 89 is not a second gen so maybe those in there do not know exactly where the fuel filter is.

Amazingly enough people do search and yet there are still new post with new topics in them.

You may find other forums bashing this one but looking into the rules it is prohibited and the people in here are above doing that.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Overdrive Member

Oh and if you did do a search you would not have to wait for a response thus feeling the need to post again in another section. Does that make sense to you.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:55 AM

Man did you even read my response. I re-posted it here because I felt it was a better fit for my question. But like I said I was unable to delete the post. The one in Gen 2 was a mistake. I clicked on the wrong IROC section from the main screen. Saw it and then posted in Gen 3. If you read the Gen 2 post I edited saying it was placed in the wrong area.

Now why attack me personally? I know people have lives. I did not post a question expecting tech support to be waiting for it. My re post was done because I could not wait like you suggest. In fact I was not even planning on touching the car until this weekend with any advise given.

Your advise did work. I thank you for that. But why you would turn this into some sort of battle I have no idea. You made your point and I responded why I did it thinking you were deserved an answer.

I'm sorry if posting wrong some how insulted you. That was not my plan.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Overdrive Member

I read your response.
"I posted it twice because no one had responded in the Iroc section of this forum."
Just have to give it a little time. People will see it in this forum. After all I did in both sections.

Its not an attack. Its just a response to your post. Just take a deep long breath and exhale slowly to calm your nerves. All is goood.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I'd like to know why there's an "IROC" in the 2nd gen section, and a v-6 category in the 1st gen section?
Is that for posting "trick" questions? [&:]

Old 08-28-2008, 05:06 PM

What the heck. I dont even have a V6, nor did I post in there. Again I did not meant to post in 2nd Gen. This place is weird.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Oh man, I wasn't even talking to you, I was simply making an observation. And you're right, this place is weird...so what?
I was saying...There is an "IROC" category in the 2nd gen section (no such animal) and,
there is a "v-6" category in the 1st gen section (no such animal). That's all!

Quick Reply: temp gauge dead