General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Specialty Camaro Manufacturers

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Default RE: Specialty Camaro Manufacturers

I actually owned an 02 SS, and had the priveledge to drive a built 2000 WS6 on a regular basis. Just have a hard time seeing why nobody tried to test the market with a really high performance car. (Not that they aren't impressive enough)

Old 12-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Ninja Administrator

im moving this to a discussion section because its not really OT..... sorry winulose, ur going to have to gain posting points

Old 12-07-2008, 10:56 PM
2nd Gear member

What about the ZL1?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yktwC3u3TgU

Old 12-07-2008, 10:58 PM
3rd Gear Member

Lingenfelter...

Old 12-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: IWinULose

I understand that customization is a big thing, as you get exactly what you are looking for butI still think a power and suspension enhanced F-Body would have been a success.
would have been ?

were still out performing you guys without specialty packages and we havent been produced for almost 7 years now[8D]

Old 12-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Ninja Administrator

did lingenfelter or the ZL1 come as a factory upgrade car? I dont think linenfelter has ever made a production camaro in the same mindset that roush and saleen did mustangs. same for the zl1, isnt it 1 of a kind?

Old 12-07-2008, 11:05 PM

First, sorry to post in OT, Spec, but I didn't want to come barging into your all's tech sections and create a stir. I know it sometimes creates a problem when an owner of another make or model posts in tech.

With that being said, back on topic. I agree with Spec, I think of Ligenfelter as a Speed Shop more than a manufacturer. I know Saleen for one is a certified US manufacturer, as I am almost sure Roush is. Are there any 'certified' manufacturers for GM cars?

On a side note, the Ligenfelter vettes are siiiick. I would certainly like to have a C6L-Z06, but the price was a little high for my budget when I was searching for a high end car.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Ninja Administrator

im not sure how it all works, but i know for a fact that slp made the ls1 SS cars. but i believe they shipped them back to GM for sale rather than shipping to the dealerships like saleen would do. lingenfelter vettes may be comparable to saleens in a commercial sense..... but they may also just be special order. im not really sure

Old 12-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Overdrive Member

specter is right and ligenfelter is more of an aftermarket thing for just about every gm vehicle, gm really has no factory specialty packages like ford does

Old 12-07-2008, 11:16 PM

Well, a little insight: while I was in the hunt for a new car, I drove quite a few different ones. What sold me on the Saleen was the handling. I have never felt a car stick a turn like the Saleen. I have always been an admirer of the WS6 because of it's menacing looks and the power potential. I just think a man could have made a killing if he would have came up with an off the lot WS6 that handled as well as the top shelf Mustangs. Granted the LT and LS engines are remarkable in their own right, but how nice would it have been to stop by the local dealership and pick up a 500hp WS6 with world class road course handling. I know a lot of gear heads maintain their stop light to stop light mentality and deem that to be the standard, but as I grow older, I've become keen to a car that can hold it's own on a straight and blast through a curve with ease.

Quick Reply: Specialty Camaro Manufacturers