General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

shes wantin to die on me when i go into second!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 12:26 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Post shes wantin to die on me when i go into second!!!

So here it gois. i was on my way to work and i was stopped by a light. it turned green so i took off and went into second an she cut off on me, an wouldent start back up at all. i had it towed back to my house and about an hour later i started it an it cranked right back up no problem. i drove it around all the next day an then that night it happenend agein. so i had to get it towed back agein. i noticed that it was doin fine if i would take it a lil easy but i bought a camaro not a honda, so it sucks for now. its acting like its wanting to shut off if i give it gas after shiffting. at first i thought it might be a fuel issue but i changed my fuel filter thinkin it may be clogged and notieced a little bit of rust. so i got a new tank and changed that out witch was a ton of fun. but my old tank wasent really bad at all. so that was $300 wasted. and i took her back out once i finished up all this an its doing the same thing. but she can sit there for ever runnig with no problems. Any ideas????

Last edited by Freshcamaro; 02-21-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Droid

It would help if you told us what you are driving, like year, engine, etc.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:01 AM
In the Staging Lanes

yea sorry bout that. shes a 95, 3.4l. with a 5 speed.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:09 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Yesterday I changed the coil plugs on It and it was doing fine. I drove it about 35 miles with no problems and this morning on my way to church it's started acting up agein. I'm wandering what it could be and if it's a code or something. It's has a major power loss.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Droid

If the check engine is lit, get the PCM scanned & get the trouble codes.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

What if the light goes off after the cars sittin for a few hours. but it'll come back on when its wants to shut off. im goin to get it scanned though.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:53 PM

Ran into that same problem with my buddy's ride but his had a 5.7 What it probably is is the ignition control module. It is heating up and trippin out. When it happens again take it off and put it in the freezer for a couple of minutes then take it out and put back on the engine it starts there you go. You need a new one

Old 02-23-2009, 11:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

thats probley it. cause i'll drive it for like 15 or 20 minutes an the it starts doing that agein. about how much is that gonna cost??? Is there anyway to check it without having to take it out. dude thankyou so much for that.

Last edited by Freshcamaro; 02-23-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:16 PM

cost is probably around 1-2 bills. Maybe you could get it to act up and then somehow cool the ICM off. Just a thought.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:04 AM
In the Staging Lanes

alright. well i changed it and ive only drove it about ten minutes but i drove it up to the parts store to get it and on my way back it did in a agein. so there on the side of the road i changed it out an drove it the rest of the way home with no problems. hopefuly that was it.

Quick Reply: shes wantin to die on me when i go into second!!!