General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

SES LIGHT AND SHAKING.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default SES LIGHT AND SHAKING.

i was coming home from work tonite, and i notice my ses light is on. then when i leave the parking lot my car starts to rumble from the rear end. and it does that everytime i take off from a stop. and when i go past 30 my ses light flashes repeatedly then goes solid when i stop. anybody have an idea of what this could be?

Old 12-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: SES LIGHT AND SHAKING.

Your computer would most likely know. All you can get here so far are guesses. Check and see what code(s) come up.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:48 AM
In the Staging Lanes

is it true that autozone will scan it for me for free? that gives me the codes right?

Old 12-15-2007, 03:19 AM
2nd Gear member

Check your lug nuts first thing lol. Just sayin, i had a wheel fly off just after some pretty loud rumbling from the rear. And yes autozone will scan for free, they will tell you the codes i.e. p0442 and then tell you what it means and some general solutions.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:08 PM
1st Gear Member

I have some good info for you if you get the code...I am sure that I can send you in the right direction...

Old 12-15-2007, 06:00 PM
2nd Gear member

I am having the same problem, and have been having it for a while. It also feels like its coming from the rear, but is felt in the pedals and the steering wheel as well. I got my codes read, and turns out I had misfires, was running rich, had a bad MAF sensor, and a slipping tranny. All of those could actually be my causes so I am trying to narrow it down now. I just replaced the spark plugs and wires and that didn't fix it. Going to try to unplug the MAF tomorrow and see if it works better without it. If that doesn't fix it then I am afraid its the tranny.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:04 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i checked my lugnuts and they were fine. i went to autozone and they want $160 for me to borrow their scanner as insurance. so iono, i changed my plugs. didnt change anything. and yea, i have a misfire on my #4 cylinder thats what the dealership told me.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Overdrive Member

They will scan your car in the parking lot for free. Not sure what you'd need to borrow it for... Also included in the ignition system are wires and coils. Check and make sure they are tight.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:10 AM
In the Staging Lanes

autozone wants $160 to use their scanner

Old 12-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Overdrive Member

Tell them to blow it out their ***. Every other AutoZone will scan the codes forfree.

Quick Reply: SES LIGHT AND SHAKING.