General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

quick question here on a lt1......

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 05:52 PM
4th Gear Member
Default quick question here on a lt1......

hey i know there is a nitrous section but no one ever looks there lol. anyway i want to buy a direct fit kit for an 80 shot (dry) for my 95 z28 but where does the line go? before or after the mass air flow sensor? and also how does it usually "activate". some one please expalin how a dry kit works, or how did you hook it up on a lt1..................................

Old 11-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: quick question here on a lt1......

all nitrous kits work in basically the same way. (btw, i have the nitrous forums subscribed, so i get notified if anyone posts in there ). but with dry u want to spray it in before the MAF, wet is after the MAF. u can run the line from the trunk either under the car or along the passenger side and out the firewall behind the pcm (this is where i have mine). depending on ur setup you can activate in a couple ways. if auto u can just do the button, but i dont recommend it. its ricey. I would get a WOT switch and window switch. most kits come with a WOT switch. this will be a little lever u fit by the throttle body. when the TB rotates enough it will hit the lever and activate the switch. there will be an in cab toggle switch which is hooked to the same circuit as the WOT, so u can keep the system off. this is the most basic style kit.

you can then add on a window switch which i have and swear by (check out msd, i can give u the part number I have if u want because they dont have it on their website... or at least u cant easily navigate there... but it comes up ins earches. however other companies make better window switches)

you can also add... hold on... phone call

Old 11-07-2007, 07:09 AM
4th Gear Member

well heres the kit...

This is a brand new Edelbrock Performer #70205 dry nitrous kit for a 1993-1997 Camaro and Firebird with the LT1 motor. It is BRAND NEW in the sealed box. Please see Edelbrock's description posted below or visit their website for more info. Buyer pays actual shipping. It weighs 29 lbs and will ship from 43619. I would prefer to ship with DHL as they are cheaper but can also ship via USPS. I accept paypal and money orders. This sells for $597.95 in the summit racing catalog. Reserve is a LOT less than that! Thanks! From the Edelbrock website: Performer EFI Dry Nitrous Systems supply nitrous directly into the intake stream. The extra fuel is supplied through the injectors by raising the pressure or changing the duty cycle, making them the safest and most reliable way to get power gains.

and i have a magnaflow catback, k&n intake, and a 160 thermo, can i do it being an 80 shot?

Old 11-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Ninja Administrator

those things dont affect your ability to use nitrous. stock cars - outright drag cars can use it. edelbrock makes some good kits. If u want to do a dry shot, 80 sounds good, make sure you get the car tuned properly, and since AF is such a big deal I would put it on a dyno, even for just an 80 shot