General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

please help anyone

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 02:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default please help anyone

ok im thinking about trading my bike for a 1994 Z28 6 speed LT1 so i diecided to do as much reading up on the cars as i can before i make the trade.. which gets me to my point first i have heard problems with the distrubuter "that it has a lot of problems" is this true? can i replace it with an MSD box would this fix the problem? also if anyone knows or has a wed site that has any good readingfor the1994 Z28? if i get the car i am also looking to add some power does anyone know any wed site i could find good info on proformance upgrades for this car.

any info will help thank

Old 08-24-2007, 05:51 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: please help anyone

The distributors made now are way better than when they first came out and if your going to replace the opti then go ahead and replace the water pump since your there. Two reasons for that are you don't want to put in a new opti only to have your water pump go bad and leak all over it and ruin a brand new distributor. Second reason is that it's a lot of work just to replace the opti and you don't want to have to go in there and do all that work again. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Learn all you can about the engine you if your going to do the work yourself. Watch out! The power is addictive!! Sorry I don't have any specific web sites you can go on. Good luck.