General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Oil Pressure Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 05:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Oil Pressure Gauge

Here is whats wrong. P.S. The people who installed the supercharger made a hole in the oil pan and connected it to the supercharger. Could that also be a reason the oil get black really fast?

Old 02-03-2008, 05:40 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Oil Pressure Gauge

i would change the oil pressure sensor.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:45 PM
1st Gear Member

any recommendations?

Old 02-03-2008, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member

is the oil pressuresensor the same thing as a oil pressure switch because I can't find any sensors

Old 02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Is the problem Oil pressure or the fact you oil is black?

Old 02-04-2008, 06:17 PM
1st Gear Member

a little of both. the gauge was like that when we bought the car and sure hope its wrong but the fact that the oil turns black really fast is also a problem i would like to know. i think it related to the supercharger but i don't know.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:39 PM
2nd Gear member

[&:] oil color has to do with contaminates not pressure. my guess is that combustion in this newly huffed motor is not where it should be and is overly rich leaving carbon in the oil. sounds like you need some dyno time to get mixtures right or the shop that installed it needs to check their work. hopefully lots of other parts were changed or added along with the charger like a recalibrated computer, bigger injectors etc. kurt

Old 02-04-2008, 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member

what i meant is that maybe the color of the oil is because of the supercharger. the supercharger has only one hose that take the oil in and not out so the oil in the s/c must be used a lot thus making the oil black when the engine is turned off. the reason why im mentioning the s/c is because it is using some of the oil from the engine, it could give the wrong reading.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
2nd Gear member

[&:] the s/c itself should not be changing the oil colors. im not sure how this s/c is set up for lubrication but sounds like it has a return hose to the oil pan and so it should have a pressure line coming from the engine and depending on how this is done could show some pressure change from stock(although i hope paxton has done things right). i can almost guarantee that if the oil is getting black its not from simply lubing the s/c kurt

Old 02-05-2008, 12:40 AM
1st Gear Member

ok, but who ever did this job, (we bought the car as is)did a careless job. i mean the s/c works great but the way the installed it is bad. I will show you a pic tomorrow of the engine. the wires are going let to right, the intake from the s/c to the carb is made from plumbing pipes and there's is some other crap.

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Gauge