General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

new truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 04:33 PM
2nd Gear member
Default new truck

&lt\\;P&gt\\;Hey guys. I recently bought an 87 3/4 ton v20. The clutch started acting up the other night. All with in about two blocks it went from fine to being able to drive it. &lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;What it’s doing - I was able to drive it home from the gas station, but there was like 1/2 in of play between disengaged and fully engaged. I had to like launch it to get it home. Today it has about 4 inches of clutch play and then gets a little pressure. It will not go into gear, and when i get it in, it won’t come out. It’s like the clutch wont dis engage. I bleed the system today, but no help. I was wondering if it could be the slave cylinder? It’s a an easy part to change but cost $53. I just want to check before i go ahead and buy one.&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;PLEASE HELP ME!!!&lt\\;/P&gt\\;

Old 06-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: new truck

ORIGINAL: CamaroKid16

Hey guys. I recently bought an 87 3/4 ton v20. The clutch started acting up the other night. All with in about two blocks it went from fine to being able to drive it.

What it's doing - I was able to drive it home from the gas station, but there was like 1/2 in of play between disengaged and fully engaged. I had to like launch it to get it home. Today it has about 4 inches of clutch play and then gets a little pressure. It will not go into gear, and when i get it in, it won't come out. It's like the clutch wont dis engage. I bled the system today, but no help. I was wondering if it could be the slave cylinder? It's a an easy part to change but cost $53. I just want to check before i go ahead and buy one.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
I think the forum messed up the yesterday. I cleaned it up a bit.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: new truck

check brake master cyl for fluid first. then check behind rubber boot on both master and slave cyl to find source of leak. if no leaks then master or slave are bypassing but most likely you will find a leak kurt