General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

need wheel help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Default need wheel help!

I am going to be a senior in highschool and i don't know too much about cars, but my math teacher this year gave me an old 1992 camaro RS which didn't run. I finally got the motor to run but now i have another problem: when i put the car in reverse it moves fine, but when i try to drive forward the back right wheel locks up and won't move. Im not sure what this could be or how i could go about fixing it. please give me your ideas and imput!

Thanks.

PS: if anyone knows how i could go about getting the lugnut lock off without having the key let me know please.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: need wheel help!

Hey some one else in here has a friend that got a car from a math teacher and is having the exact same problems as you. Strange is'nt it
Check your rear brakes. One side may be locked up.
And to remove the locks you can hammer an old socket onto the lug to turn it.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:43 PM

Hey! I agree about the rear-brakes, & here is a place that you can get a locking-lug nut removal tool:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wheel...spagenameZWDVW
Good luck! I had a '91 Camaro, &I loved it!
John

Old 06-25-2007, 06:19 PM

Mike....that friend I am talking about is him.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:07 PM
2nd Gear member

[X(] agreed your rear drum brakes are locked up. due to thier design drum brakes provide the greatest stopping force going forward and considerably less in reverse. as for lug lock tools the ones z28 john mentioned work great just dont get cheap ones as the tempering is not nearly as good and tend to split. another possibility is to weld nuts onto the lock and remove normally kurt