General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need Some Help...still....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Default Need Some Help...still....

I'm beginning the tune up of my 91 Z28 and am starting with the fuel filter....hopefully that will solve my major problem. The guy I bought the car from said the it started having a hesitation in accel. just after he filled the tank with gas....he was thinking bad gas...not to mention the car sat for at least 2 months while it was for sale...now the car dies when I rev the engine over 2000rpm. So my problem is that I want to change the fuel filter, but I have a full tank of crappy gas....what would be the easiest way to get this gas out of the tank? Aside from driving it around (which it won't let me do) and letting it idle in the parking lot for 15 hours? And I'd rather not suck it out with a hose and my mouth!! Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 11-27-2007, 12:21 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Need Some Help...still....

well i say just try to burn it off the best you can or you can always drop the tank but that would be a little bit more work there, otherwise add a bunch of fuel cleaner.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Overdrive Member

They make kits that will siphon the gas out for you...

Old 11-27-2007, 01:32 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

ORIGINAL: 02StanGT

They make kits that will siphon the gas out for you...
If your local parts store doesn't have this you can find one at a marine shop. It uses a pump vacume (manual) and is primarily for changing oil in boats where the drain plug is hard to get to. Or you could undo the line at the filter (like when you change it) and let the fuel drain into a container, it will disipate with time, or dain it into a milk carton and bring it to a shop to dispose of.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

they have those siphon kits where i work (advance auto parts). i think they are like 20-30 bucks ormaybe cheaper