General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Motor Kote

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Default Motor Kote

Has anybody used this stuff before??? I have heard good stories about it but don't know what to believe??? My buddy did have a old Volkswagen that had over 275,000 miles on it and he swears by it and puts it in everthing! Just want to know if anyone else has any stories on this?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:44 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Motor Kote

What is it? An oil additive? Fuel?

Old 04-11-2008, 12:21 PM
2nd Gear member

[:'(] not a big believer in any type of magic in a can!!! if stuff is wore out its wore out no magic goo can fix that. often times longevity of you or your buddys vehicle/engine/trans etc is luck of the draw and or care and use or abuse during its life. ive seen some vehicles that people dont take good care of last hundreds of thousands of miles but ive also seen good maintenence provide the same result. ive also seen meticulous money spenders end up with stuff that grenades despite thier care. i truly believe that there is no substitute for a good service and maintenence schedule but sometimes we end up with the friday built car that doesnt quite live up to the hype or longevity we expect.. there are all sorts of fix it in a can out there but do you see anyone (race teams, notable engine guys etc.) that use any of it with amazing or outstanding success nope theres a reason for this its the time and money they put into machining and maintenence that makes them excel NOT the magic lube/restorer in a can stuff

let your buddy keep spending the extra $20 an oil change for the magic stuff, at this point he probably superstitious about not using it, you save your money and hope you got a mid week built car that lasts a long time cause everything , as luck would have it, came togather just right kurt

Old 04-11-2008, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: LT1RUNNER

What is it? An oil additive? Fuel?

Itsoil additive I'm asking about although they do make fuel additives too and claim better gas mileage?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

If you want to add life run synthetic oil. But you need to do it from new for it to work well. I have known guys that have sworn that an additive was the greatest. I have known cars with the same additive that did not make it to 100K miles. Nothing stops all wear.As a manufacturing engineer I havemade stuff for several race teams. I was talking to one of penske's engineers he said we use synthetic oil no additives. If there was some great additive that would make your car last longer it would be in the synthetic oil blend.

Fuel additive do not work at all. One of the salesmen that sells machines was sell this great additive on the side. 20% increase in fuel mileage minimun.It was only sold by the case and it was 40 bucks a case. He bugged me until I agreed to by one bottle from him with a money back guarantee. I drove 75 miles each way everyday to work. I have been tracking my mileage for about 3 months before every tank.5.5 to 5.7 gallons per day. One bottle was good for 4 tank fulls. I averaged 5.5-5.6 for all four tank fulls. Not even the high end of my normal no less the 20 precent guarantee. When he asked me if I was sure about the mileage I pulled out my speadsheet which had the miles and gallons and note every additive dose.He could not argue it.