General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

LED resistors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 11:54 PM
3rd Gear Member

^Sounds reasonable to me. How many amps should the fuse be? I'd imagine I'd only need a 1 or 2 amp fuse, and I can probably pick up a SPST switch from Radioshack for a couple bucks.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I can't imagine you'd need more than that. I'm about to convert the tail lights on my Jeep Wrangler over to round flush mount LED's (I've always hated the big honker trailer lights they consider tail lights). Even with them having multiple diodes (I bought two sets, 24 and 36), I'll need to rework the flasher relay because the low power draw of the LED's makes the flasher think there is a burnt out bulb, and you get the typical rapid fire turn signals. Anyway, my point is your current draw of the LED's is going to be much less than one regular tail light bulb. AutoZone also carries switches and in-line fuse pigtails, unless Radio Shack is more convenient.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:23 AM
3rd Gear Member

I've kind of wanted to try the sequential taillight mod; think it looks good on the Firebirds. I'll check out Autozone too, thanks for the headsup.