General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How do i hotwire a car.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 06:30 PM
2nd Gear member
Default How do i hotwire a car.

Hey guys, im looking into getting a suzuki sidekick 1.9L 4clyinder4x4 as my DD when i get my liscence, and the lady my dad is talking to who owns it says the mechanic that worked on it last, has the keys... And she says she has no way of getting a hold of him now.[:@] So im wondering how to hotwire it,or if would be be even worth it.
Because i obvisoly need to see how it runs before buying. And she would sell it for 500$, and its only got 120
thousand kmson it. On craigslist their going for 3000$ with 300 thousand kms!!

So any tips would be great.

Thanks, c4maro

Old 01-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: How do i hotwire a car.

you could just replace the key lock and tumbler, they are fairly cheap

Old 01-14-2009, 06:40 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: Alih

you could just replace the key lock and tumbler, they are fairly cheap
Is it worth paying that even if i dont own the vehicle yet?

Old 01-14-2009, 08:39 PM
1st Gear Member

how did she get it home from the mechanics shop without keys? did the lady steal the car?she might have carjacked it, then did a drive by shootingwith itand nowshe needs to sell it for some crack. im just trying to figure this thing out. maybe im reading too far into it or something.hhmmm...

Old 01-14-2009, 08:56 PM
2nd Gear member

Yes... she did a driveby shooting... thats it..

No, its because when the mechanic came to work on the car, it was already in her carport, he was just doing some minor maintanence/oil change ect. Then he left with the keys because she obvisoly wasent going to just watch him the whole time. So hes got the keys, and he cant contact him. So im trying to figure out how i am going to start this 1.9L beast. LOL

Old 01-14-2009, 09:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Sounds awful sketchy to me!!!

Old 01-14-2009, 10:55 PM
2nd Gear member

Im 99% sure the car isent stolen, the girls like 16 who owns it........... Im just trying to figure out how to start it, thats it, so thanks to the people who give me tips on getting this thing started so i can hear it and make my decission.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:04 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: c4maro

Hey guys, im looking into getting a suzuki sidekick 1.9L 4clyinder4x4 as my DD when i get my liscence, and the lady my dad is talking to who owns it says the mechanic that worked on it last, has the keys... And she says she has no way of getting a hold of him now.[:@] So im wondering how to hotwire it,or if would be be even worth it.
Because i obvisoly need to see how it runs before buying. And she would sell it for 500$, and its only got 120
thousand kmson it. On craigslist their going for 3000$ with 300 thousand kms!!

So any tips would be great.

Thanks, c4maro
things just dont add up, thats all. hotwiring is simple. the last time i attempted to hotwire a car i was 15 andit was a 64 cadillac. i got busted! i was a minor with no previous so i was let off w/probation along with a few smacks from just about everyone in my family. that ended my criminal career. now shes 16 trying to sell youa vehical for $500 that appears to be worth $4000 to $5500?!?!......maybe she did carjack it.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:15 AM
2nd Gear member

I dont even know if it runs, so it could be cheap for that reason, lol. Buti still dont think it got jacked, another reason is because everyday my dad parks in her carport when he goes to work, and that suzuki has been there for 3 years now, i would think she would of gotten rid of it by now if it was stolen.

P.S. Shes 19, she sounded 16 but when i talked to her today i confirmed, and shes 19.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:46 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Get under the car and jump the two posts on the starter solenoid. DONT use a wrench, use a screw driver or something with a plastic handle. That will atleast tell you if it will crank, but in all honesty, a lock and tumbler with keys is only like 12$. I know what Id do.