General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

help me please

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Default help me please

sometimes whenI'm driving and I hit the gas there's a clicking sound like you hear when you're flipping through a deck of card someone told me it was probably rods does anyone know if this is correct and how much it would cost to fix

Old 03-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Default RE: help me please

It also could be the type of gas that you are using. If the car has an LT-1 or LS1 you have to use premium gasoline.

Please respond.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:39 AM

My friend just recently sold a 95 Z28 and it had a bad transmission mount that caused a pretty nasty noise. It was deeper than the sound of cards but it did it when you got down on it real hard. I'd say it was spark knocking though...

Old 04-01-2005, 03:58 AM

I would bet it is spark knocking or pre detonating. This is a dangerous timing condition that can potentially destroy your engine. Your ignition timing just needs to be retarded slightly and that should fix the problem.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:10 AM
In the Staging Lanes

i have the same problem or something similar. its not a very loud and goes away after i drive a while, or i think it goes away, maybe i just have the radio on to loud. All i know is it bugs the crap out of me !
Have you found out what it was.....?

Old 08-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Tech Droid

Sounds like your car is pinging (light spark knock), try a full tank of premium & see if it stops. Dont' know what year car or engine you are using. In new models the timing is controlled by the Knock Sensor & the ECU and cannot be adjusted without reprogramming the ECU. In older cars you can adjust the timing by turning the disributor and a timing light so you do it right. Try retarding 1 or 2 degrees at a time and go for a ride to see if it stops. Check a repair manual for the timing spec.