General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELP HELP I NEED TO KNOW WHICH COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006 | 09:30 PM
|
1st Gear Member
Default HELP HELP I NEED TO KNOW WHICH COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!

should i put jet or hypertech.o and another question, i was lookin at the jet chips huh how do u install them, they look different. where do u place them. where the computer is. well i was going through this site http://www.proficientperformance.com...ro-firebird_94 and found these, just someone tell me which one to buy.

Old 04-27-2008 | 06:18 PM
Default RE: HELP HELP I NEED TO KNOW WHICH COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI Jet is terrible. Their tuner fried the PCM on my Avalanche, and when I told them about it, they told me it wasn't their problem.
Anyways, go with a hypertech or Diablosport. Very good, pretty easy.
You plug them into your OBDII port under your dash below the steering wheel. But always read the directions and make sure to take out the proper fuses and do EVERYTHING it says.
The directions will help. Although I hate directions and never read them, this is one time where you must.

Old 04-28-2008 | 04:25 PM
3rd Gear Member

It depends on what you're looking to do. If you want to change the rev limiter, change the shift points in the tranny, change for larger rims and tires or for different rear gearing then go with one of the scanners mentioned. They will do nothing for power if thats your goal. If power is what you're looking forthen I suggest looiking into a comapany that will tune your PCM. If you notice in my sig I went with PCM Forless but there are others that can help you too.

Old 04-28-2008 | 06:07 PM
Overdrive Member

I agree with LT1RUNNER. In my opinion "chips" and the handheld programmers are a $300 paperweight. Go for PCMforless and get a real tune, although unless you have some bolt-ons you're not going to be able to get too much HP out of it.