General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Going for a tune up/Seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:42 AM
Default Going for a tune up/Seafoam

Ok I'm taking my 3.4L V6 in for a tune up tomorrow (friday). Along with plugs and wires i'm going to have them fix the a/c (if it's less than $200). I'm friends with the mechanic and don't have way of lifting car to work on is why i'm not doing it myself. That and the not knowing what i'm doing part. But my real question is should I wait a day or two or can I seafoam my car in the same day. I didn't know if doing to much would shock the system. I figure seafoaming is a good way to get experience with the car and scare the two elderly ladies that live beside me. That is if it smokes alot as i've read can happen. I'm at 160k so it's highly likely. I'm sure this is a stupid question but i'm asking it anyways. I know you guys won't be too rough on me. i'm sorry if the signature doesn't work. i don't know what i'm doing wrong, gonna reread the instructions later.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:28 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Going for a tune up/Seafoam

I don't think it will be a problem. Having the mechanic do plugs and wires and then you doing some other tune up type stuff wouldn't be any different than if you had the mechanic do it all.

Also the sig picture thing..... the tags should be [img] [/img].

Old 05-31-2007, 08:42 AM

i feel so retarded that i'm having probs with the sig thing. i'm on the freaking geek squad. i can build a computer from spare parts but something this simple is eluding me. thanks.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:54 AM
2nd Gear member

[X(] id definately seafoam before the plugs and other parts are replaced. as ive stated on other postings im not a huge fan of seafoam and other addatives as i feel theyre an attempt at a quick fix for a lack of proper maintenance in the first place. i can say i havent seen addatives used to the detriment of the motor but by the same token i havent seen any of them fix a damn thing either. while the smoke that seafoam can make happen may make it so you can jump from foxhole to foxhole without the enemy seeing you im not so sure its good for the catalytic converters or the environment(although from a consumer point of view i suppose the smoke makes it look like the seafoam is working hard) kurt