General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Chevy 305 Horsepower ... Ignorance Isn't Bliss

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 12:50 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Chevy 305 Horsepower ... Ignorance Isn't Bliss

I hear you on doing things yourself and making your car go faster than it was designed. I rebuilt my rear end myself, put in a new LSD, did the chassis work myself, subframe connectors, building my own motor. I'm wiring the whole car with a painless wiring harness because it didn't come with one. Look at the front suspension. I put a whole new front end on it. I did the brakes myself and all the hydrolic plumbing. So tell me that I just like to put big motors in cars to make them go fast. I built my own traction bars that allows me to still use a swaybar for technical driving. You're right. There is nothing like blowing away a car that doesn't suspect you can beat them. You're thinking about bracket racing only. I prefer heads up racing, race what you brought. Only thing is it's between you, the tree, thetwo cars,and the other driver. I'm building my car for road racing/drag racing. IF I wanted to drop in a big motor and then just go fast, I would've gone with a World 672 Crate motor. I'm building my 383 from the block up. Only thing I can do myself is the machine work. A stall converter will definately help your reaction time too.

Old 12-25-2006, 11:11 AM
3rd Gear Member

the bottom line is some just don't give a rats *** if a 350 has more displacement. when someone ask advice on a 305 that doesn't mean they want to know what 50 more cubic inches can do. they want to know what they can do with what they have. i know a 305 is a smaller engine. i'm ok with that. i have found peace in the realm of cubic displacement. may the G.o.d of Internal Combustion grant you High Octane and Uninhibited Flow. LMAO. Sick

Old 12-25-2006, 01:42 PM
3rd Gear Member

OK now I see where you are coming from.