General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

braking issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:27 AM
1st Gear Member
Default braking issue

in one of the thread here i posted to anothers problem that ahve the same problem. where the low trac light will comon only when brake to a stop...
well it still doing it and when u come to a stop its like the brakes lets go and only keeeps a loose grasp on the wheels then all the sudden will grip.
today i did it again and tried to stop at the sighn and the wheels locked up i guess and it slid meyeb 6 inches or so.( i coulkd here them screachin)
so i pulled up on my ebrake gently to help it stop, and when i put the brake down the brake light stayed on and the abs inop was on to after that... the abs is nothing new it comes and goes since this problem has accured but now i have the brake light on wheather er not the e brake is down er up!!!!!
any ideas

Old 07-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Droid
Default RE: braking issue

The E brake probably did not release fully and the brake lite is on. When low track comes on, it means that a wheel has locked up and the ABS is trying to release it. You may have an ABS problem, but I suspect your brakes are in bad shape or you have bald tires. In any event, check your brakes, including the master cylinder.If they look good, then go to a good brake shop and have them look at them. ABS is pretty sophisticated system and special tools ans scanners are neededto diagnose the problems. Parts are expensive so it does not pay to guess at the trouble.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:24 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: braking issue

thanks pete it is a second car and ive been kinda avoiding the problem for a while since i am pretty freakin broke lol,can fix nothin with out some cash but ill definatly look at that... i realy hate takin cars in to shops cause usually i figure it out my self once i check around here and the chiltoon but if it requires special tool and stuff i dont have well then i guess i have no choice lol...
any ways thank you pete
o yea why would the brake all of the sudden not release all the way?? and my tires arnt bald in front but i have come to think about it have thought that my brakes were a little bit weak compared to other cars