General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

best oil?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:16 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: best oil?

I think the best one i have been a witness to happened a coupple years ago while I was getting gas. Saw this late 90's taurus at a light sputtering and shaking and overall sounding like crap, and saw it pull in to the station so I figure lets be nice and go try to help. Not going to go into why I went to help I am sure you all can figure it out Well i get over to the car and ask if I could offer any assistance. The car had been driven down the toll way at speeds of 80+ for atleast 25 miles with the temp guage pegged and the oil light on after they missed the exit they needed. Checked the dipstick and it was empty saw no leaks up top so looked under and sure enough the drain plug was leaking. Told them to go in and buy 5 quarts and pray that it would get them to a friends house about a mile away. Needless to say really but when they went to start it up it did not budge block had compleatly seized.