General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Best Camaro Out of the 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 08:10 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Best Camaro Out of the 3

With a budget of $10k you should be able to find a clean LT1 or LS1 easily. It seems like F-bodies are going up a little in value lately, probably because of the upcoming 5th gen Camaro... better get MY hands on one before too long[&:]

Old 05-14-2008, 08:13 PM

Why would the value go up? If everyone that has a camaro, and likes them, and sells their old camaro for a new one, wouldn't there be an over stock basically of the older F-body camaro's? I would think that when the new camaro's come out, the older ones will drop in price if the new one is as good as it sounds. Why would they go up?

Old 05-14-2008, 08:20 PM
2nd Gear member

I dunno, maybe when we get a little closer to the official release of the 5th gen, their prices will go down when people start selling their old Camaro's. I think it could be going up right now becasue of all the interest in Camaro's that's being sparked because of the new 5th gen. But, it's not like I haven't been wrong before.

But it really does seem like everything is at least a couple of thousand dollars more expensive than at the end of last summer/last fall before I got my Yukon and I was seriously considering buying a Camaro.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:38 PM

Yeah this could be true, I think it might rise until the release of the 5th generation, then when the 5th it out, prices will start to drop on the earlier years. This could just be me though, but a lot of the old camaro holders would want to get a new one especially the slick design of the new one, but I prefer the older ones such as the 3rd generation and 4th generation, but the older ones such as the 69 were pretty nice too, and they are replicating the design of the old 69's I think... so you never know until the 5th generation actually comes out...

Old 05-16-2008, 02:11 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The old ones will rise in price as they age, it's called being a classic.
Even the fourths are starting to get on in their years.
Oh, and the IROCs came with a 350, though the stick wasn't available with it.
In third-gens, you could only get a standard with a 6 or a 305.