General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1999 Chevy Camaro v6 manual troubles

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2024, 05:57 AM
Default 1999 Chevy Camaro v6 manual troubles

I have had this car for a little over a year took it to the shop to get the codes figured out and they lowkey scammed me. "Rebuilt the engine" and didn't even address the oil pressure issue I had with it or my p0420 code l've been desperately trying to get rid of. Its also had a p0300 code they completely forgot about. Spent like 4-5k on it got a new clutch and with it and spark plugs with I believe a icm. After the "rebuild" I saw metal in the oil after the break in or way more metal then anyone would want. Took it back and threatened legal action and they put a remanufactured engine in it and charged me only for the engine and I thought I was good.

Mind you this was when I was 17 am currently 18 and I'm college in a town 300 miles away so it's not like l'm taking it back to them anytime soon. While this whole time they never addressed the engines codes and it running rich. I have replaced the spark plugs, maf sensor, alternator, and a handful of other sensors and other stuff. Car has always ran okay never seen it run not rich and recently I started to have a random jerking while driving. The rpm gadge cluster will shoot up and when that happends it will jerk. It's very random too when it's idling I will see it happen slightly but it happens worse under load and I finally got it recorder on my phone going

1-5 mph just barely driving it. Does anyone have a clue of why it may be doing this? I've spent so much money, time, and effort blood sweat and tears on it and I don't wanna give up any information would help! The link provided is the rpm gadge doing weird thing I was talking about.

https://youtube.com/shorts/bALaMsYCqyU?

Attached Files