General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

****ty clutch problem hah

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default ****ty clutch problem hah

bahhh ... i was on my way to school today and i went to leave from a stop light and i noticed it was very rough getting into first gear from neutral, well i went fine all the way till i got to 4th then i pushed the clutch in and tried to put it in first just to see if it was still hard and it was, so i went to put it back into 4th and i felt a pop and the clutch went straight to the flooor... i coasted aways before i finally stopped and heard something rattling in the engine ( sounded likt it was coming from underneith), was rattling pretty loud like something broke or came loose... any ideas? my first reaction was oh **** my clutch just broke ... but im starting to think maybe it was teh pressure plate? cuz the clutch went to the floor and would not come back up by itself, and i was told that if i blew out my clutch it would still function to teh degree it'd still have pressure.. either way im looking at an expensive peace of crap job... my cars giving me so much problems.. all i ever did was loved it!!!

Old 01-09-2007, 03:29 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: ****ty clutch problem hah

It doesn't sound like a pressure plate. It might be a broken fluid line or a broken bolt or stud. At least look at it and give us more to go on.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:18 PM
1st Gear Member

look at what? dont i need to take my trany off to find out? lol if i do that i might as well jsut replace everything

Old 01-11-2007, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

First off, my guess is that if you were in 4th gear,ina Camaro, you were going probably around 50-60mph? Unless it's got small engine in it. Second, it is going to be hard to put it into first going around those speeds. The tranny does that on purpose so you won't drop your tranny doing such a giant leap downshift. Third, if you messed up your clutch, the rattling wouldn't be coming from your engine. Now I'm no mechanic and I try not to pretend to be, but it sounds to me like it could be just about anything by the description you are giving.

Do you tend to ride the clutch several blocks when you see a stop sign ahead? If so, it could be your clutch plate...

You might just need more tranny fluid, was it rough going into any other gears?

It's really hard to say if you haven't really taken a look underneath.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Scratch the clutch plate, I completely missed the part of your clutch pedal laying against the floor.

Old 01-14-2007, 12:55 PM
1st Gear Member

nah i'm actually a pretty good driver when it coems to the clutch and shifting, i never dunk it or nething, nie thing bout camaros u dont need to drop the clutch to do a decent burnout , but yah idk.. the rattling wasnt comign from my engine, it was coming from undernieth the engine... and i didnt shift it into 1st... i tried to put it in first with the clutch in, its not like i let off the clutch in 1st goign 50... thatd be retarded haha... and it was doing that before i even got up to speed.. ima prolly just drop the tranny and replace the entire clutch