General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

whose says ls1 is better?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:59 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: whose says ls1 is better?

i may be wrong , but i think the LT1 only weighs about 90lbs more than the LS1 , that's not alot of weight and 100lbs = .1 second my car weighs 3298 with out me and a 1/2 tank of gas. true enough the LS1 makes better high rpm power than the LT1 , but the LT1is a low rpm torque monster. so i agree 100% that in the 1/4 the LS1 will win , but red light to red light and in the 1/8th , i win. i'm not saying the LT1 is "better" than the LS1 because the LS1 has the lastest technology out and is an amazing engine , but i see no reason to dog the LT1.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:23 PM
4th Gear Member

I'm just saying the difference between a luxury load and base version of the camaro's weight difference is only at most 30 lbs, more if leather seats are included.

Ben Franker has a page that lists all the interior part weights, so if you dont believe me go check it out

And this wasn't a bash at lt1's, just stating facts, and props to coprunr for being a wicked driver

Old 06-02-2007, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

im guessing the guy in the ls1 had a 6spd. which isn't a benefit by any meansand prob had very high miles with dirtier then **** injectors, idk unless it was an auto with little to no tranny fluid lol... thats the only way i can see a stock lt1 beatin an ls1

Old 06-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Ninja Administrator

5 lengths is a long ways, it would take a couple missed gears and a half a nap for the lt1 to pull on the ls1 on a roll. I raced my buddies slightly modded camaro lt1 in my TA last fall. hes got intake, chip, and some exhaust, possibly gears, and I pulled him pretty bad on the highway.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:27 PM
3rd Gear Member

I'm going to have to agree with the LS1 guy's on this one. While the LT1 is no pig the LS1's do have an advantage at high speeds. I was doing about 75-80 on the highway and a newer Camaro SS hit me up so I hit the gas and all I saw were his front head light close on me, fast, and then passed me off. I was amazed at how fast he caught up and passed me!! But my car has awsome low end power!! I can spin my rear tires forever from a dead stop.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:45 PM
2nd Gear member

i never said the LT1 would beat a LS1 from a roll...the LS1 is faster from a roll and in the 1/4 ... from what i have seen at the local track the LT1 cars run the same and sometimes better numbers in the 1/8th.. EVERY stock LS1 car i have ran gets it's *** handed to it untill i get to the 660ft ft mark, then they run me down on the high end , i always have a better ET and they have better MPH. not that it really matters because my car won't be stock for long anyway.... 425+ hp here come

Old 06-11-2007, 03:54 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: coprunr

i never said the LT1 would beat a LS1 from a roll...the LS1 is faster from a roll and in the 1/4 ... from what i have seen at the local track the LT1 cars run the same and sometimes better numbers in the 1/8th.. EVERY stock LS1 car i have ran gets it's *** handed to it untill i get to the 660ft ft mark, then they run me down on the high end , i always have a better ET and they have better MPH. not that it really matters because my car won't be stock for long anyway.... 425+ hp here come
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we all on the same team??? I mean come on, its the same dang family. Stop arguin over stupid stuff and talk about a rustang or something. I'm tired of us dissing our own brothers

Old 06-11-2007, 04:11 PM
2nd Gear member

[quote]ORIGINAL: Deagle85

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we all on the same team??? I mean come on, its the same dang family. Stop arguin over stupid stuff and talk about a rustang or something. I'm tired of us dissing our own brothers
that's my point....all i hear on here is how much faster the LS1 is than the LT1...i say rubbish...i have ran LS1 cars in the 1/8 and on the street....i have ZERO loses to a STOCK LS1 car from a dig ... i know for a fact a LS1 car is faster in the 1/4 , but not by some incredible amount (considering my car runs a 13.6 in the 1/4) , and they are faster from a roll. the LT1 powered cars when optioned right are nothing to be ashamed of..i am VERY proud of my LT1 powered SS. i say that 80% of Camaro owners can't really "drive" their car. either they are afraid of it , or they really just don't know how to drive.
i have ran and out ran many cars that are "suposed" to be faster than mine.... everyone told me the Mach 1 would kill my car....wrong , ran door to door from a roll and i killed him from a dig , everyone said the STi would kill LT1 car... got me from a dig true enough...but i got him by a hose from a roll...BMW 335i Coupe (300hp twin turbo car), the guy's "buddies" said he was gonna kill me...wrong again..killed him from a dig and from a roll.... the key is DRIVER . i was a better driver than all those guys..actually know how to drive my car , and drive it fast.....so as far as the "which is better LS1 or LT1" i say NEITHER it's all in the driver... [sm=rant.gif]

Old 06-11-2007, 04:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I agree with what both Coprunr and Deagle is saying. We are brothers here and we need to stick together and take down all the rustangs and ricers. Wow Coprunr I will race you when you get your car done I will lose but oh well I'll give it a try. I try to respect all the maro drivers I see from 80's model V6 to 02 SS it doesn't matter. Except for one person I can't stand that Coprunr guy I mean his car is slow and I could beat it on a bicycle.
Just joking Runr. I'll see you around.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:49 PM
3rd Gear Member

True, true. We are all after the same thing! Killin stangs, inports and anything else that get's in our way. Win or lose always give respect if they give you the same or give them the finger if they don't!