Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 01:34 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Where do you race?

Where do you race?

In the street?

At the track?

Anywhere and everywhere?

What sort of roads do you look for when you plan on getting a little action?

I don't street race, for two reasons. 1.)I really don't need to get in any trouble. 2.)Only one person around here has a chance of beating me (That would consider racing that is.). BUT, if I were to race, The perfect road is where it would be.

Imagine for a minute, that you are looking down 2 miles of the flattest, straightest road you have ever seen, with only a few houses anywhere along side of it. Now, make that road in perfect condition. No dirt, gravel, pebbles, twigs, pot holes, bumps,or any other form of debris to speak of. Now, add 10 foot shoulders which are paved, just as flat, and just as nice. That is the perfect road. It is the only road I have personally driven on that I felt exceeding 70 mph wouldn't result in any injury of any kind to anyone. (Excluding highways.). That is where my brother and I go if we need our fix of 0-60's.

So, now that I have described the perfect road near me, Describe your perfect road too.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:16 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Where do you race?

I like to race at the track, wether it is 1/4 mile or a road corse.

I will do some street races but never in traffic. We have some wide open roads out here, 1.5 mile strait. In the middle of no where. We use it for top speed runs too.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Fancy Sparkle

road racing and auto x all the way! never will i street race

Old 01-11-2008, 02:40 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

drag strip/and street when i do street race theres one secluded road thats just a tad under a 1/4

Old 01-11-2008, 03:10 PM
2nd Gear member

The only places near my house where I'd consider racing is this big 4 lane road (with a pretty large raised median between oncoming traffic) at like 2am. I raced this p.o.s. Prelude in my Blazer out there one time after he did a ricer flyby on me (I was the only car on the road until then), and I barely lost. I think I might've had a little bit of a chance if I hadn't had 2 other 6', 170+lbs guys in my car, haha. I'd probably consider a short race up to like, 80mph or so, where a 4 lane road turns into a freeway if I was first at the light next to another guy. Though it's not like I'm really going to be racing anyone in a stock 4x4 Yukon, haha.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
3rd Gear Member

either in the country side where the roads are long and you and the car your racing are the only cars for miles (hard to get that in the city) or the quarter mile. Don't street race but I do get hit on a lot.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:02 AM
4th Gear Member

i have a 4 lane wide road(no paint tho) thats about 3/4s a mile long, that brand new pavement and everything in the industrial drive, then county-line road is about 5miles long, roughly 3 lanes wide(2 wide lanes, truck route) thats straighter than a arrow, but has hills. then quaker road is the main road for this town/city. always traffic, but not heavy, if your first at a redlight, theres no one on the road ahead of you type of traffic. and our highways for about 3 exits both ways are never busy, but i hate highway races. me thinks they retarded.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Great Lakes Dragaway (Da Grove), Byron Dragway (The Playground of Power), MGA Research Facility (Autocross), Miller Park (Autocross), Peru Air Force Base (Autocross), Balmoral Park (Autocross), and the occasional highway pull or stoplight contest. It's not really racing on the street. 99% of the time, it's some kid in a Honda with a fart cannon that thinks he's fast, and I show him otherwise.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:51 PM

at the track only!

Old 01-14-2008, 06:17 PM
2nd Gear member

What sucks is that there aren't any 1/4 mile tracks anywhere near Little Rock, I don't even know of one in the state. I'm sure there's one somewhere, but not that I know of. I know of a couple of 1/8 mile tracks outside of town, and every now and then they have track days at the fair grounds with an 1/8 mile strip set up. The closest 1/4 mile strip that I know of is probably at Memphis Motor Speedway (about a 2-3hr drive). I'm pretty sure I saw one there when I saw a NASCAR Busch Series race there years ago anyway.