General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

street car to super stock

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 12:56 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default street car to super stock

Does anyone know the best way to go about turning your regular old street car into a super stock racer? I know it will be years of work, but I have wanted to do that for some time now. Any bit of info you have is greatly appreciated. Thanks

akohnz

Old 04-12-2006, 05:55 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: street car to super stock

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do about putting a cage inside a 1994 camaro with t-tops?

Old 04-12-2006, 06:56 PM
4th Gear Member

if you are interested in racing S/S pick up a copy of the NHRA rule book, there is a ton info there

Old 04-12-2006, 07:54 PM
3rd Gear Member

It fits in like a regular roll cage. The bars just go across the opening and the t-tops just fit over it. Build up the motor with a cam, under drive pulleys, head work for better flow, bigger valves, headers, high flow catalytic converters, exhaust system, and poly graphite bushings, high performance shocks and struts, jetted carb, or larger fuel injectors, fuel pump, ecu, K&N filter and so on.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:19 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shnormo

It fits in like a regular roll cage. The bars just go across the opening and the t-tops just fit over it. Build up the motor with a cam, under drive pulleys, head work for better flow, bigger valves, headers, high flow catalytic converters, exhaust system, and poly graphite bushings, high performance shocks and struts, jetted carb, or larger fuel injectors, fuel pump, ecu, K&N filter and so on.
in S/S you have to run stock cams and stock heads etc.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks yall for the input! Im looking to buy a computer programmer for my car. I went to the fbody website and the OBDI LT1 PCM programmer caught my eye. Can I use that on my 1994 z28 camaro?

akohnz

Old 04-19-2006, 01:14 PM

Man, good luck getting info on this Forum! LOL
Anyway, here is a link to the NHRA Stock Car Classification:

http://nhra.com/tech_specs/classification/index.html

Super Stock racing is a ton of money, You sure about this?

Old 04-21-2006, 03:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

LOL that was great! Thanks for your input though, its greatly appreciated!!! Yes, Im definitely sure about this, I know its a lifetime investment, but the rewards are so worth it and I want to do something I love. You got any pointers for a beginner???

akohnz

Old 04-24-2006, 12:24 PM

Well, I would go to the nearest Divisional race and start talking to the guys that are winning in their classes. Then find a good Forum, www.superstockforum.com or something like that but ask a bunch of question about the car you are going to build and see what folks can help you with. I think there is a small membership fee for the forum but it is well worth it for the invaluable savings in time and money.
Good Luck!

Old 04-24-2006, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: JD1969

in S/S you have to run stock cams and stock heads etc.
Not exactly, in Stock Eliminator, you have to run stock lift cams, but the duration can be as much as you want. In SuperStock, you can use different camshafts, port the heads, etc.

Quick Reply: street car to super stock