General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

Should I?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Should I?

This guy at work today wants to race me. He has a mid 90's 3000GT, the base model, all stock except for the"performance chip" he just putin it, so now he thinks he can hang with me hahaha. First I asked him how many lengths he wanted, then I said I'll start out in 3rd gear. His reply was it's going to take more than that stock motor to beat me. So should I shut this guys mouth or just let him think he can win? I want to but then again it's not really worth wasting my gas, unless he is willing to put a little money down I guess.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:54 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!
Default RE: Should I?

dont take the kids money just toast him and move on....

Old 09-06-2008, 08:03 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigNic

dont take the kids money just toast him and move on....
I disagree, take his money. Stupid people need an education some times.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:10 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

agreed but teach him a lesson in pride.....not in cash... you know these kids gamble away there rent if they think their car is hot.... take his pride its worth more anyhow...

Old 09-06-2008, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't wanna take all his money, just enough to cover the gas I'll use to beat him.

But I don't think I will, I'm still scared I will break it, I've never gone WOT through all the gears yet.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Overdrive Member

How long are you going to race? You should not need all six gears. Race him for a tank of gas and one night with his girlfriend if he has one.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:24 AM
3rd Gear Member

^ Agreed!

Cover your costs at least!

Old 09-07-2008, 05:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Those cars are becoming a new type of rice, its not even funny. You can get them cheap, so some 16 year old kid buys one and thinks hes a b.a. like every other dumb *** ricer, and runs their mouth like they've got a ferrari. Take him for whatever hes willing to bet, and tell him to invite his friends so they'll see what a piece of **** that car actually is and then they won't have to listen to him ramble on about his ****ty car, and they can just laugh at him.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:09 PM
DeZ
1st Gear Member

Those cars are becoming a new type of rice, its not even funny. You can get them cheap, so some 16 year old kid buys one and thinks hes a b.a. like every other dumb *** ricer, and runs their mouth like they've got a ferrari. Take him for whatever hes willing to bet, and tell him to invite his friends so they'll see what a piece of **** that car actually is and then they won't have to listen to him ramble on about his ****ty car, and they can just laugh at him.
honda will never be out riced. ive never seen one on the lot for sale, i seen a stealth but they was wanting 10k+, what are the averages around your area?

the base models are indeed ****ty like any other car that has subcars, but get a vr4 its another story.

sinces it a base model, wager money and the title to your car, then sell that ***** and buy me a hooker..

Old 09-08-2008, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member

You can get a 94-95 for for like 3500-4000 with 100kish miles on it.

which i guess isnt that much cheaper then a camaro, but i guess i am biased towards them since theirs this kid with one by my house with the decals/stickers/underglow with a loud *** annoying exhaust (pretty sure he just took his muffler off because it sounds like ****) that drives down sidestreets WOT thinking hes cool.

I've never really seen him on the streets/stoplight, but if he ever talked **** to me about my camaro because he has some performance chip or something like that, I would just make a fool out of him.