General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

running from the cops

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default running from the cops

i have question not like i would ever do this cus i dont believe i would but say i was driving my 01 ss ls1 down the highway or some street or whatever and i happen to be going a 100+ and a cop sees me and clocks me turns his lights on and starts to come after me should i continue going and speed up faster and try to get away or stop? do you i could it or is not worth are they faster me? with or without mods?

Old 12-04-2006, 05:21 PM
May 2007 ROTM
Default RE: running from the cops

I would pull over,My best friend had a ninja and tried to out run the cops. The next 3 town's over cought him, Hes now serving a min 2 year sentance. I would say a sore bum isn't worth savin a $150 ticket..............

Old 12-04-2006, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member

i would also say to pull over, you may here cool stories of other guys beating the cops, but it's just a matter of time until they are caught.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:36 PM
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, Cops cheat..........they have helicopters, better stop.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:21 PM
2nd Gear member

might out run the lil ford crown vic but you wont out run a nextel

Old 12-04-2006, 08:52 PM
2nd Gear member

You'll never get away, not in a car chase but it would be fun

Old 12-05-2006, 07:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Running would not be a good option. For one you are putting your life in danger for a little bit of money and trouble, two) you can always outrun the cops but it is impossible to outrun their radios. Just dont do it.......its never worth it

Old 12-05-2006, 12:15 PM
3rd Gear Member

That is 1 thing I want to do before I die.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:41 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Yeah, Cops cheat..........they have helicopters, better stop.
lol... I happened to see a Police Interceptor in action yesterday on my way to Fla to pick up a restrictor plate motor we are working on. I was doing my usual 5 over.... saw him pull out and thought ...... " o0h no... "... he pulled up right next to me and pulled the gentleman to the right of me over....... Was nice to see a non-vic cruiser though

Old 02-19-2007, 01:26 PM

i out smarted a cop once. it was at night and i was on the high i was going about 110 when i pulled up behind a sherrif. he slowed down and so did i, i stayed be hind him and noticed he had a radar facing the back. we slowed down to 50 so i picked it up to 60 because the speed limit was 65. when i passed him luckily a car got behind me, cuz he put his lights on. well after he got behind me i started to try to pull over. well what he didn't see was that there was a car that a was abandoned a little bit up. so i made it seeem like i was about to pul over and got back in the lane. well he couldn;t do that cuz he got stuck behind the abandoned car. he was trying to get back in but there was to much traffic. by the time he got back in hte lane i was already exiting and he never caught me. oh yeah don't run away i did it once from a state trooper going to one of my other jobs but i lucked out cuz i exited the free way and he couldn't, this was like 6 yrs ago though.

Quick Reply: running from the cops