General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

RACING IS FUN BUT DRIFTING IS FUNNER

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:54 PM
4th Gear Member

right, i get that. Its when people start coming out bragging about their V6 that people start asking "is it a v8" etc. You dont do that. I mean a V6 camaro by all means is a cool car. Obviously there is alot you can do with them as Musicman and a few others are proving.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:11 PM

the tag should be changed to spartin is ignorant, you shouldnt even be talking about v6 because you have a Vnothing and it seems to me your trying to tell me what drifting is?
"Loosing control in the snow with you camaro is not drifting"~(Spartan) shows how much you know about this topic and for some other memeber that posted some crappy video of a guy doing half *** donuts you guys just automaticly assume that i do the same thing? If you have a FWD car than yes you have to use the e-brake but if your in a RWD than all you need to do is control your throttle and steering. Yes getting into powerslides on the snow is easy i agree with you people on that, but controlling the slide and doing it at a maximum angle and avoiding obstacles is a whole different drifting experience. Im not gonna argue anymore with a kid who watches videos of drifting, and has no personal experience. Alot of you have so much to say about this topic but you have never tried to drift thats probably the reason why some of you are against it. I will try to post a video of me drifting to conclude on this thread, but keep in mind that right now my clutch is ready to go and i still have not gotten a respond to my other thread about replacing it, does anyone know a good parts store with reasonable pricing where i can also buy a aprox. 15lbs flywheel

Old 01-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Ninja Administrator

they uh.... install aftermarket E brakes on the RWD drift cars too

Old 01-20-2009, 02:47 PM
4th Gear Member

Lol... a V nothing... I drove a V8 5.7L Z28 at one point... in every condition imaginable... As for the BMW i drive right now. you are correct. Its an inline 6. What year Camaro do you have is it a 3.4?? Because the 2.5L I6 this beamer puts out 168hp 181ft lbs of torque TO THE REAR WHEELS... with 3.73 gears a limited slip dif a weight of 2500lbs and a with a perfect 50/50 weight balance this thing will not only smoke you but drift circles around you in rain, snow or on dry pavement.

You call me ignorant when you brag about drifting in the snow... Maybe if you actually came in and talked about how you can drift in conditions where losing traction isnt as easy... Like... on dry pavement maybe? This whole conversation would be ALOT different if you came in here and were a bit more.... humble? idk.. its just annoying when kids come in here and say they are the "drift king" because they can pull the e brake and lose traction, turn the wheel sideways and hold it... most likely in a straight line...

I mean my guess would be you start out going straight... you steer slightly to one side, pull the e brake lose traction, disengage the brake, turn the wheel in the opposite direction, then keep giving it throttle until you either slow down to a stop or straighten out... 5 feet from where you first engaged the brake....

Post vids or gtfo...

Old 01-20-2009, 02:50 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BojanglesBatman
Yes getting into powerslides on the snow is easy i agree with you people on that, but controlling the slide and doing it at a maximum angle and avoiding obstacles is a whole different drifting experience. Im not gonna argue anymore with a kid who watches videos of drifting, and has no personal experience. Alot of you have so much to say about this topic but you have never tried to drift thats probably the reason why some of you are against it.
You speak as if you have some sort of experience, when all you have done is "drifted" in the snow!!!!!!! holy crap.... and im the ignorant one... you havent got ANY experience in REAL drifting.. Stop speaking as if you do... People like you give V6 owners, kids with muscle cars and Canadians a bad name...

Old 01-20-2009, 03:17 PM
1st Gear Member

because I'm too lazy to quote Bo...

The video posted was that of a professional drifter. And I would love to see you try and do donuts like that guy did in his little corrola (or is it corolla? w/e). the e-brake is used to get the drift started. I'm wondering...do you know the difference between a power slide and a drift? And one more thing..."drifting" on snow or ice...is just sliding.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Spartan66
idk.. its just annoying when kids come in here and say they are the "drift king" because they can pull the e brake and lose traction, turn the wheel sideways and hold it... most likely in a straight line...

Here is a tip read my post before you reply i told you im not using the e-brake i use the throttle to get into the drift shows how much you know, maybe pulling the e-brake and spinning out is your idea of drifting good luck with that and didnt i talk about the "drift king" statement i have made earlier on? You havent seen me drift i got way more experience than you, so everything bad you are saying about me is made up congrats to your imagination.

Im given v6 owners a bad name by doing what enjoying the car? Im the kid right? Thats why your borrowing your big brothers car and braging about a beamer on a camaro forum haha nobody gives a fck

I saved the best for the last everybody that read this thread and are on spartans side listen to what the dumbass had to say about drifting:

I mean my guess would be you start out going straight... you steer slightly to one side, pull the e brake lose traction, disengage the brake, turn the wheel in the opposite direction, then keep giving it throttle until you either slow down to a stop or straighten out... 5 feet from where you first engaged the brake....

keep giving it throttle until i stop so the gas is the brake now, did i get stuck in the snow? how is that even possible you just make **** up off the top of your head, stop 5 feet from where i first engaged the e-brake how much was i going in your drifting demonstartion 5 mph? I can tell you dont know what your talking about all this talk about the e-brake when i clearly stated i do not use it have you ever heard of using the throttle to drift? o no sorry i forgot you learn about drifting from youtube.

In conclusion you dont know WTF you are talking about so just stop embarassing yourself.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:46 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Please stop already, you're digging yourself a very deep hole.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:58 PM
1st Gear Member

No, musicman. Let them continue. Watching e-fights are fun. Especially when one is correct, and the other is diggin a big hole for themselves.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:01 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Argument accepted, proceed with the hole digging.

Quick Reply: RACING IS FUN BUT DRIFTING IS FUNNER