General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

How often will I street race?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:17 AM
2nd Gear member
Default How often will I street race?

Hey, i get my liscence in 5 months, and im wondering how often street races occur. I assure you everytime i see a ricer i will lookhim in the like i wanna blow a hole threw it. So do lots of people like to race young teens? I hope so. I live in canada too, but ive never once been in the car with my parents or anyone and had someone try to race us. So i guess its just a car and being a young kid thing right? But how much do you think people will wanna race me?

once aday? once a week??

Old 12-31-2008, 06:48 AM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: How often will I street race?

You can't really put a number to it- if you're trying to race every dink with two doors and a set of tires, you're gonna be doing it a lot- but it might not be worthwhile to bother.

If you're asking how often someone will challenge you to race, again it can't really be quantified. I can say it happens noticeably less often in my Talon than in my Camaro, but it could easily be a month going by before someone throws a rev, it could be several times in a day.

If I were you though, I'd ignore it all for a good while. Give yourself time to really learn your car and how to drive it, pay attention to the roads you drive on... y'know, just take it easy until you're very sure you know what you're doing and where you should be doing it.

And keep in mind, the more you race, the more likely you are to get caught, or to crash your car, or god knows what. Take risks, you'll eventually have to pay the price.

I don't know where you're located so the laws may be a bit different but in Alberta getting caught racing means 6 demerits on your license, plus a hefty fine, plus more demerits for the speed you were caught at, plus another fine for that, and I'm not sure if they do take your car and charge you for that, too. And since you lose your GDL license after 8 demerits, it really only takes once.

And of course, the best advice for racing, that I know you won't follow, that I won't follow, that a dozen other people reading this won't follow- keep the racing to the track.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:51 AM
2nd Gear member

in the summer..in my area street racing happens about twice a month (saturday and sunday every other week) for the whole summer...i just go and watch (my focus isnt fast enough)

Old 12-31-2008, 09:03 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

ORIGINAL: c4maro

.................................................. .................................................. ...................................
.................................................. .................................................. ..................................
............................ So i guess its just a car and being a young kid thing right?
Pretty much. At least the 'all the time' part.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:44 AM
1st Gear Member

..... hey you know it is fun and all but no matter how fast your car is you might just get cought on your first time, i'm not sayin don't do it or do it just becareful.... it sux getting cought ensurance goes off the roof (speacially if your young) and well there are alot of consecuances to it... i got lucky... but other people get their cars crushed. It is fun and all but you got to be really careful speacialy now days they really getting to it...

Old 12-31-2008, 12:40 PM
3rd Gear Member

I don't know how many races you'll get into but what I can tell you is at least once a week someone will revv or give me a show of power under their hood and take off as soon as the light changes. I ususally get the look as soon as I pull up next to them and they hear the rumble of my flowmaster.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:15 PM
2nd Gear member

it kinda also depends on what your driving. im assuming since your on camaro forums, that u will have a camaro when u get your license. camaros attract street racing. i never had anyone throw me a rev or give me the look when i had my truck, but my car is a diff story. theres always some teenager in an accord or civic or mustang or something challenging me mainly for no other reason than i have a camaro. they know camaros are no slouches when it comes to speed so they wanna see what their car can do. ive had some of my friends challenge me just bcuz they wanna see what their car can do against a descently fast sports car. will all that being said, i would say im probably challenged 5 times a month, but i only race maybe 1 or 2 times a month. if its something that i know i can EASILY beat, most of the time i just pass. theres no reason to risk getting caught

Old 12-31-2008, 01:32 PM
2nd Gear member

Ok thanks alot, its just good to have that info. Thanks. Oh ya, and i do drive a camaro, i' ve actually had 2 butthe first was a v6 so i had to get rid of it. Look in my signature, it shows whati have.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:14 PM
Overdrive Member

first of all your sig is too tall, and you really sound like an idiot.No wonder sooo many people die each year from street racing.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:49 PM
2nd Gear member

Well sorry if i sound like an idiot, but theres nothing wrong with a good race between two people racing there cars to see who is faster, as long as you do it saftly not swerving threw cars.

Quick Reply: How often will I street race?