Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   General Racing/Tech (https://camaroforums.com/forum/general-racing-tech-88/)
-   -   Hold up question. (https://camaroforums.com/forum/general-racing-tech-88/hold-up-question-24810/)

cbr600rx7 02-21-2008 10:33 AM

Hold up question.

With the new project under way i can say she has gone a little out of hand. The new set now sports a FMIC, injecters, dyno tuning,the cats are now gone :D.and upgraded fuel pump. Power numbers should be around 450 groundhorse's and 500 torque on low boost and maybe a little bit more at the track. Right now i am sporting a set of 275 proxes i might soon switch out to some good old 555r's. Any way what kind of power and breaking isues am i going to run into. My trany has been sound for its 100,000 life spand but i already have plans for when she finaly goes. But what other isues do you guys think i will run in to. ;)

SpecterGT260 02-21-2008 10:38 AM

RE: Hold up question.

ur doing an STS kit on ur trans am correct? ur rear end is going to be the major problem, and your motor will go pop if u are still at the stock high compression and you try to run too much boost. other than that the tranny should be fine at 450rwhp.

cbr600rx7 02-21-2008 04:50 PM

Thanks for the input but this is on low boost. And i do mean low for a intercooled set up. The LS1 should hold up fine. My big problem i thinkand like yousaidis going to be with traction and the rear. Dont worry i am not going boost happy with this one and keeping the boost levels and tuning well on the safe side or at least till i can upgrade to my 402 :D.

Here is a question right now i am running nothing more then springs and upgraded sway bars on the proxe 275s. Traction has not been a isue in the past. Now with the new found power i am a little worried about my 60' times. I am thinking about swaping out to 555R's but dont want to put too much extra strain on the rear. Any input [>:]

I should have new pics up in the next 2 to 3 weeks of the finished product and the final numbers. WISH US LUCK. ;)

SpecterGT260 02-21-2008 05:25 PM

i said low boost because the ls1 is 10.5:1 CR stock, thats really high, you can only hope to go for about 6-8 psi tops before it doesnt matter how u tune, things are going to blow.

cbr600rx7 02-22-2008 05:52 AM

The most she will ever see on the 346 will be no more then 7 psi at the track. To reduce strain on the street she will be turned down to around 5 psi.

95slvrZ28 02-22-2008 02:47 PM

I'd make a suggestion of going with the MT ET Street Radial, they get better traction than the Nittos. A drag radial isn't as hard on the rear end as a full slick is, just be careful when launching it, don't be supprised if you grenade the rear-end. Have a couple thousand sitting aside for a 9" when it happens :D

SpecterGT260 02-22-2008 03:34 PM

the MT radials are a good tire, but i would say only use them at the track becaus they tend to wear out fast. thats the only reason I went with nittos. lie SLVR said, if u go with a full slick u can expect that rear to turd out in under 3 runs [&:], unless u launch like a panzy on it, but if ur not going to limit the tires, u might as well go with a lesser tire like a drag radial