General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

Got my car dynoed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got my car dynoed!!!

He has the stock 3.55 ratio and its my brother.

And to answer Spector's what?

I don't see how my car and my brothers ran dead even when we raced. Just looking at the numbers he should have walked off and left me.
He didn't though, I raced him N/A...I haven't sprayed him at all when we raced and I am clueless as to how we were even. We have the same driving experience and if you want to call it skill. I am wondering if any of you had any idea how we are evenly matched. Luck of the Chevy I guess.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Ninja Administrator

oh, i must have lost track of the convo somewhere.....

well, it is probably driver skill, i would bet that has alot to do with it, but stock fbodies arent that much slower than cobras. they are def slower, but not by a ton. I think the cobra weighs a little more too, but that i cant remember for sure.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:27 PM

ok so this is Big Birds brother. And yes the above statements are 100% true....except that he forgot to mention that I had just gotten the car when this happened...and since I added a CAI and Cat-back exhaust. The clutch in the Cobra was GONE and I missed a gear everytime. So we don't really know what would have happened but we hope to find out soon. When we were finished racing the clutch was straight metal to metal. It sounded horrible!!! I definately know what burnt clutch smells like.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Ninja Administrator

^^^ i would expect you to pull, especially from a roll. ur IRS hurts u a little from the dig however.it takes a good bit of modding to out run a SC v8

Old 03-10-2008, 08:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah you had just gotten the car and the clutch was pretty much gone it got GONE when we were racing. And lets take a trip down memory lane. You have been driving a manual for over 3 years. And I have been driving one for just over a year. And if my memory serves me correctly which it does I quote you as saying "why are you doing that with the clutch...thats no excuse all manuals are the same." Sounds like to me that you are making excuses as to why you didn't win. I admited you should have won and wondering why you didn't. Big Deal stay off my forum and find your own.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:29 PM
2nd Gear member

Ohhhh, sibling rivalry, haha.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:33 PM
1st Gear Member

The classic Ford vs. Chevy rivalry makes it epic and the fact we are brothers that are the same age makes it 100 times worse. We are more or less just messing with each other but yeah it is all in fun.

On a side note what do you guys think about this photo idea.

The SS and Cobra are angled towards each other almost nose to nose and have the caption "Best of Both Worlds" above it. Have some smoke effects in the background or something. Sounds like an awesome desktop wallpaper or maybe even a poster.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:18 PM

Well I see that it made Big Bird mad that I told the truth. But oh well I just thought that you guys should know. And yeah I missed a gear every time big deal atleast I am man enough to admit it. AndI will not blame me missing gears on the clutch because if it was the clutch it would have grinded but it didn't I just completely missed so what? I am very interested to see what happens when we line them up again...We WILL let you all know what happens.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Ninja Administrator

YEAH, THIS IS A CAMARO FORUM AND...... um.... wait..... [>:][&:]

Old 03-10-2008, 10:48 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah...[&o]

< Camaro-less

Quick Reply: Got my car dynoed!!!