General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

Fun no doubt

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:31 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Fun no doubt

I was out doing errands in the Porsche today and pulled up to a light next to a early 90s Camaro RS. I was surprised when the guy went for it full throttle at the green light -- obviously didn't have a chance. I floored it and jumped out in front immediately and let off at about 50, and then waved at him.He was smiling. No big deal, but fun; the Porsche really isn't that fast, 13.5-13.6 quarter miles with the automatic -- not sure it could take a Lt1, and know it can't take a good LS1. But it trounced the V6.

My point is, sometimes it is just fun to go for it, like this guy in the RS did, even if you know you are outclassed. A lot of people who just like to have a contest and a exercise the car. No harm doneand a little bit of fun.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:56 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Fun no doubt

13.5-13.6 will outrun any stock lt1. I haven't even heard of a factory freak lt1 going below 13.8. lol.

Edit while typing: What kind of errands do you do in a porsche? [8D]

Old 05-11-2008, 12:42 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Fun no doubt

The Porsche is my daily driver except when it rains or I need four doors for business reasons: its not one of the more extreme models like the GT2, etc., so its is very comfortable and civilized and easy to live with every day: I'm not one to make it a garage queen that gets no use, so I probably put 12-15K a year on it around town.
So I do most of the usual errands in it - grocery store, laundry, etc. I think in this case, I was actually coming back fromthe localhobby store where I bought more track for my N gauge train layout.