General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

Back at the track

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 09:45 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default Back at the track

Well after several camshaft problems and a engine cleanout and rebearing we installed a different convertor and a vary mild cam got it together put the engine in took it back out due to a bad convertor replaced it worked on it all night to get to the track made it there unhitched the car and relized we parked next to some drunks whereas the old man had to put them in their place(hes 65 failing health and still thinks he is a bad ***) so I had to back him up they just backed down and left him alone neadless to say I wasnt in a good mood we go up to the bracket set up I am in tthe slower of two classes they award the track championship for the end of the year and we drew numbers for the pairings and you guessed it I got the track champ first round we line up and in staging the guy starts belittleing my car granted its no show car but still I am like what the hell is his problem we line up he has a .1 starting line dial in head start the lights go down and I treed him big time he couldnt catch us it finally got a chuckle out of me after everthing else we put up with for the last week.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:24 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Back at the track

For the benefit of other members of the forum, I decided to punctuate this post so we can all understand easier:

Well after several camshaft problems and a engine cleanout and rebearing we installed a different convertor and a vary mild cam. We got it together, put the engine in took it back out due to a bad convertor. We replaced it worked on it all night to get to the track. We made it there, unhitched the car and realized we parked next to some drunks where the old man had to put them in their place(he's 65 failing health and still thinks he is a bad ***). So I had to back him up, they just backed down and left him alone needless to say I wasn't in a good mood. We go up to the bracket set up, I am in tthe slower of two classes. They award the track championship for the end of the year and we drew numbers for the pairings and you guessed it, I got the track champ first round. We line up and in staging the guy starts belittleing my car, granted its no show car but still I am like "what the hell is his problem?" We line up, he has a .1 starting line dial in head start the lights go down and I treed him big time. He couldnt catch us, it finally got a chuckle out of me after everthing else we put up with for the last week.

Nice work Griff!

Old 10-09-2007, 04:13 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

dude silver now you have to do that, for all ofmine so spectar will lay off me.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:20 AM
Overdrive Member

Dude, I don't even know where to start with yours! In this last one you used punctuation, but incorrectly...you're killin' me man! It shoud be "Dude Slvr, now you have to do that for all of mine to Specter will lay off me."

Old 10-11-2007, 01:35 AM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

lol ya well ...... grammer wasnt really my thing textual analysis i rock your world. but grammer not so much