Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

what could this be????

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Default what could this be????

so when i first got this car there was a little tap under that valve cover but i didnt think it was a big deal.. so i ended up going striaght pipe for a while and got tired of it so put a cherry bomb on and now i get this slapping sound.. never heard it before, just after i got the cherry bomb on.. would that make a differnece? intake valve stuck open?? anyways heres a link to the video, thanks.. onechaos99's Channel - YouTube

Old 09-15-2011, 07:48 AM
I Like to Party

I watched the video that's really odd. Sounds like it's coming from just the throttle. Have you asked anyone mechanically-sound to diagnose what it is? I'd also like to know, Ive never heard that

Old 09-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

I'd pull off the tb and see if there's anything there I've heard a sound kinda like that it ended up being the gasket

Old 09-16-2011, 06:22 PM

i ended up taking it to a shop to have someone look at it, every where i went they told me a stuck open intake valve. so i took it home and got the heads out only to find out that they where fine, only thing i notice was the head gaskets where leaking.. although i did find a hard peice of something in the heads but i had no clue what it was... untill i got the timing cover off.. it ended up being a tooth from one of the timing sprockets.. and the timing was way way off.. the 2 dots where almost 180 degrees from one another.... so im guessing that was the issue

Last edited by Chaos99; 09-16-2011 at 06:24 PM.