Engine & Internal Cams, heads, valvetrain, rotating assemblies. Chat about beefing up your insides here.

SINGH GROOVES

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 02:43 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default SINGH GROOVES

Check out this website anyone try this or willing to?http://somender-singh.com/component/...tpage/Itemid,1

Old 10-19-2006, 05:57 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: SINGH GROOVES

That looks intense. How do they know how deep to go and where to put it? I really want to know if this works or not.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:08 PM
3rd Gear Member

I am going to research it a bit more but Ive read a few comment on other sites that say it works. I want to know why it works. I have an old 305 that is decent I am thinking about decking the block to raise the comp to detonation then grooving it to see what happens, it would be difficult to accuratly quantify without dyno data though. look under the test section race mod there are some pictures

Old 10-20-2006, 04:20 AM
2nd Gear member

Hells yeah, I'm gonna try it on my Saturn while I've got the head off the put rings in, and I'll let everyone know how it goes and what kind of results I see when I do it, and if it works well, I'm gonna do it to my L03 too.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:49 AM
3rd Gear Member

I'm skeptical. Where's the nitrogen coming from if it's not already there? If it's already there, how does this aid in the combustion process? How does it alienate the nitrogen? I'm assuming through the read that it somehow does this. I understand how N2O helps, but that's introduced in addition to the existing air / fuel mixture. Just questions ............

Old 10-20-2006, 10:16 AM
3rd Gear Member

I dont know where it is coming from it has to be already there I am trying to look at it further I think the best discussion that seems th quantify the process is on speedtalk Bill if you havnt been on this site check it out it has alot of heavy hitters in the engine section. http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4069

Old 10-20-2006, 10:26 AM
3rd Gear Member

Well the air in our atmospehere is mostly nitrogen.

Old 10-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Droid

The groove may improve turbolence in the combustion chamber, but the nitrogen thing is a bit weird. Nitrogen is an inert gas and does not burn, so introducing more nitrogen will only slow the burning process, similiar to EGR. Besides, the engine gets more nitrogen than it needs from the atmosphere.

Just because something has a patent, does not mean it is a good thing, or even works. Anithing that is different can be patented.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:04 PM
3rd Gear Member

"more nitrogen will only slow the burning process" doesnt higher octane also slow the burning process to reduce detonation ? Probably why we use N2O vrs straight oxygen. Although I cant understand how the groove would bring more nitrogen to the picture or even rearrange the burn. I am not convienced it actually does what he sayes it does but it is interesting to look at.